WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Conan got nutz

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flaming Turd
Vanir

Number of posts : 4003
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Conan got nutz   Tue 15 Apr - 17:51

I was wondering about the recovering of Conan, and the psychologic sequels that the torture could have left in his mind.

After the recovering, Conan's eyes were maniac. Wen he is sharpening his sword, beside Valeria and Subotia, Conan is so psycho in that scene, one wonders if he is trying to realize if these two guys are his friends or just some meat to be cut. I saw Valeria really worried about him. She took care of him like a baby -but a pretty dangerous baby, tough-.

Late, in the orgy scene, Valeria tells Conan by signs to attack the orgy itself. Subotai and her came to kill armed guards, the dangerous part... but Conan killed women and unawared drugged neandertals who were having sex. Not a clean battle, there... Valeria was probably making sure Conan suffered no harm.

These details made Conan more realistic and interesting. Cool one can still find things like this re-watching the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Conan got nutz   Wed 16 Apr - 7:13

Conan seems to have wanted to slaughter them all, least those that physically got in his way. When he takes out his sword over at the foot of the stairs, he smirks, we see him smiling at this sword with a "excited, cant wait to kill someone with it now" look expression. I am not quite sure how many women he killed there, it seems by all estimates 2-3. It may also be possible they were armed with daggers or think they are snakes and bite(Yasmina). It should be noted they were assassins and cannibals. The part with the blond chamber whore eating the hand from the stew pot, should really wipe out any sympathy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flaming Turd
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: Conan got nutz   Thu 17 Apr - 17:04

Yeah, they are surely dangerous but they were relaxed, with the stomach full of human hands and toes, and having sex. Not ready for an attack, as the soldiers sopposedly had to be at any time. So, it's interesting how the toughest warrior confronts the weakest enemies, and I thought it was interesting how Valeria took care of him.

Anyway it's clear Conan is in vey good shape, as he confronts Rexor and Thorgrim at the same time and survives. BUT, he can't kill them probably cause his mind is not clear enough. Some time later, he uses his mind to kill these guys one by one in the mounds. Scenes like the "moby dick" thing exposes Conan's mind relaxed and clear again, maybe more than ever.

By the way, I do like the Moby Dick scene... And I think Arnold did a very decent job, there... I think he was absolutely into the role of the character. First time we hear Conan REALLY expressing himself. Very honest feelings there, and a very good description of a "real" character. He is human, as everybody, and he also has dreams and sorrow and nostalgic pain. BUT, he was taught not to stop there. He has work to do.

The battle of the mounds is great after all the things that happened to Conan, and you can almost believe he would kill a whole army. If pain gives strenght, then he is stronger than ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: Conan got nutz   Thu 17 Apr - 17:18

It really didnt seem like Conan couldve killed both Rexor and Thorgrim at the same time, just barely hold his own. He had to separate them or build a trap and later Valeria helps him against Rexor's death blow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flaming Turd
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: Conan got nutz   Sun 20 Apr - 17:39

Talking bout Rexor and Thorgrim, other thing i thought about, when I saw the movie last time:

Looks like Thorgrim and Rexor haven't aged. It would be normal in Doom, who has 1.000 years so he is some kind of immortal. But what if he shared that immortality -in some degree- with his two most important followers.

After the battle in the Orgy, Throgrim is amazed of his own strenght, he can destroy a column, and he can't believed. Also, Rexor survives the snake sculpture that falls in his head, and no blood or wound is visible. I wonder if these guys has some kind of physical powers being followers of the witch.

Of course, severe wounds made with steel would not be healed. Doom is decapitated -one of the classic ways of killing a vampire-. Thorgrim is impaled -the well known stake into the heart-... and Rexor needs like 10 severe cuts till he falls.

I don't think this is explicit in any way in the script, but I just wanted to think about a good explanation about the not aged guys, and the survival of Rexor to the fall of the snake head. Otherwise it's too silly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: Conan got nutz   Sun 20 Apr - 19:23

I think thorgrim has some Grey hair, thats all. Wink

Rexor was bleeding after the stone head hit him, but technically shouldve been dead. I dont know, seems too Highlanderish. I simply chalk it up to movie magic rather than in movie magic.

I think Rexor and Thorgrim were just two corrupt Vanir brothers, which Doom collected at some point before the big raid on the Cimmerians. I wouldve preferred Brak and his beastmen than Rexor or Thorgrim, but thats me. I also never liked their armor at the end of the movie, it also implied Thorgrim was some champion gladiator too, which is lame. foufou Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conan got nutz   Today at 22:17

Back to top Go down

Conan got nutz
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1