WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

REH and the movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flaming Turd
Vanir

Number of posts : 3998
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: REH and the movies   Tue 3 Mar - 8:59

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: REH and the movies   Tue 3 Mar - 11:02

He created a fictionalized verison of himself? scratch I never much followed any of his stories aside from CONAN and KULL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flaming Turd
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: REH and the movies   Tue 3 Mar - 20:28

No it's a illustrated relfexion he made about cinema -which was pretty new these days- taken from a letter he wrotte to somebody. He says that maybe he will be making money from cinema someday, therefore he didn't deny writting a script or something like that. He was interested in the way movies were made, as he said, like in any other form of art. Interesting, I think. IMaybe he wouldn't have hated the Milius' movie, after all, differences and alterations apart. But who knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perfectpawn
Pictish Scout

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: REH and the movies   Wed 4 Mar - 22:20

In the early '90s Savage Sword of Conan published a script treatment REH had supposedly written for a Conan film -- they heralded it as a new "discovery." As I recall, Conan didn't much take part in the story, a fact that even Marvel found unusual. I also remember thinking the whole thing seemed like a hoax, yet I don't think the issue was published in April (ie an April Fool's Day hoax, which is what I actually thought of at the time). I think this was in 1993 or so. Is anyone else familiar with this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flaming Turd
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: REH and the movies   Thu 5 Mar - 0:02

Looks lke you haven't checked our forum, ain't you Mr. Green

http://conancompletist.forumactif.com/conan-the-barbarian-f3/willis-o-brien-s-conan-movie-t1105.htm

It was a "savage's fool", but what looks being truth is this another never made project, look:

http://conancompletist.forumactif.com/conan-the-barbarian-f3/ray-harryhausen-s-conan-movie-t1084.htm

Read our forum, man, we've been around for a couple of years and surely you will find pretty interesting things... among a couple of dick jokes inside Wink Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perfectpawn
Pictish Scout

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: REH and the movies   Thu 5 Mar - 6:20

Thanks for posting that! Seeing those page scans really brought back some memories. Wow, October 1993. Damn, I'm old. But at least at the time I realized it had to be a hoax.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REH and the movies   Today at 19:47

Back to top Go down

REH and the movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1