The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Conan the Adventurer (TV series)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CROM !!!
Pictish Scout
CROM !!!

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-09-16

Conan the Adventurer (TV series) Empty
PostSubject: Conan the Adventurer (TV series)   Conan the Adventurer (TV series) EmptyThu 16 Sep - 1:30

Starring: Ralf Möller

Conan: The Adventurer (originally broadcast as simply Conan) is a low-budget American television series produced from 1997 to 1998 and loosely based on the fantasy hero Conan the barbarian. The TV show premiered on September 22, 1997, and ran for 22 episodes. This live-action series starred Ralf Moeller as Conan of Cimmeria and Danny Woodburn as his sidekick Otli. The storyline was quite different from the Conan lore created in the original Conan novels and short stories by Robert E. Howard, as well as that of the Conan later depicted in the various Conan comic book series by Marvel Comics. The TV character is based on the version in the 1980s films, but there is no continuity between the films and TV series. The live-action series was not popular like the Animated series and got cancelled after the first season.

...Hi,my first 'proper' post as a new Member here !!!
(Searched the memberlist & no other CROM's...so that's my name now)

...So has anybody here ever watched this series ???
I saw an episode last night on Sky TV,
Must say it was quite poor in my opinion.
Bad guys in hooded robes with snake heads...no blood.
Neutral
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Adventurer (TV series)   Conan the Adventurer (TV series) EmptyThu 16 Sep - 2:32

And a proper welcome to you.

I agree with you, that show was just not good. I'd go as far as to call it abysmal.

Ralf Möller does pretty well at playing a secondary (or supporting) character, but he just doesn't have the acting chops (currently) to "carry" a show.

Also, his "Sword of Atlantis" was SO big that it was cartoon-ish. I only tried to watch the show about 3 times, & EVERY time that sword came out I would crack up at how ridiculous it was. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Adventurer (TV series)   Conan the Adventurer (TV series) EmptyThu 16 Sep - 2:46

Be welcome Crom!

Back to top Go down
CROM !!!
Pictish Scout
CROM !!!

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Adventurer (TV series)   Conan the Adventurer (TV series) EmptyFri 17 Sep - 3:29

Thanks Guys, Cheers !!!

Yeah,i noticed how that Sword was crap,almost like the sword that came with the babyish 80's toy!
Pity that "Conan" was tarnished with this series.
Didn't realise that Ralf Möller was in Gladiator too,now that's a really good film.
Recognised him in that film when i did image search.
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Adventurer (TV series)   Conan the Adventurer (TV series) EmptyFri 17 Sep - 3:57

Angelica Bridges is in the episode Red Sonja .
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Adventurer (TV series)   Conan the Adventurer (TV series) EmptyFri 17 Sep - 4:35

Conan the Adventurer (TV series) 828533-redsonja_angelicabridges_super
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Adventurer (TV series)   Conan the Adventurer (TV series) EmptySat 5 May - 18:24

I recently bought the collection of this on DVD. Yes its bad -but in a deliciously enjoyable way. Ralf does a good impersonation of a"Conan the Destroyer" Arnie. In later episodes he even dyes his hair black- which Arnie never did! The later episodes seem to get better and there is a fair amount of killing in it for this type of family show. The sword fights are pretty well choreographed (they had the original Conan sword master to thank for that even) and the direction improves over the course of the series.
In one episode Lou Ferrigno turns up as a bad ass warlorlord dressed in black leathers and studs. Conan kicks his ass and calls him "little man" after decking him in a barroom brawl. Awesome if for only the fact that not many men in the world can call the one time Hulk little man! There are some unintentional hilarious moments like when Conan's light of love gets killed and holding her in his arms he wails to the heavens like a wounded buffalo with stomach cramps. Then there is Ralf's promise that -"By Crum-If you betray me I will cut you in huff!" As a comedic lampoon of "Conan the Destroyer" and "Red Sonja" this is priceless. If you seriously lament the demise of Conan on screen after the last abortive effort then best avoided.
But, by Crum, I like it far more than I ever did Xena or Hercules.
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Adventurer (TV series)   Conan the Adventurer (TV series) EmptySun 6 May - 0:06

One Thing they got right was the look of Red SonjaConan the Adventurer (TV series) Sp13pic1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Adventurer (TV series)   Conan the Adventurer (TV series) Empty

Back to top Go down

Conan the Adventurer (TV series)
Page 1 of 1