The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Prometheus
Rider of Doom
Prometheus

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-12-27

Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? Empty
PostSubject: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptyMon 9 Jan - 19:05

Why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.n-a-i-m-a.com
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptyMon 9 Jan - 19:36

Because Big John was fired from helming the next inslallment. He proved too difficult for producer Dino de Laurentiis to handle -a man who was used to more pliable directors. The aborted attempt to bring "King Conan: Crown of Iron" to the screen some twenty years later under went similar problems- this time with the meddling of the Wachowski brothers and Warner bros.
Being a tough cookie I think there is none more suited to put Conan on the screen than John ("Go ahead punk ,make my day") Milius.
Alas.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptyThu 12 Jan - 2:11

Prometheus wrote:
Why?

Yes. Mad
Back to top Go down
Prometheus
Rider of Doom
Prometheus

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptySat 14 Jan - 15:19

Now ... is there a script that Milius had already?
Does he have any actual plan for bringing Back Conan ? I think Swartzenegger now is more than suited to play an Old Conan and With the modern CGI we coul deven get a Younger one like was done in Tron Legacy ...

but since he planned a trilogy , is the script of the second Conan Movie also the same he woudl have run for?

Damn .... I so much wish Milius DId all 3 movies ...

Conan The destroyer isn't bad but , it seems a totally different Genre by the more "serious" and deep Conan the Barbarian ....

as for the 2011 I even refuse it to catalogue among Conan Movies ... it's a total rubbish , I hope they do not retain all the copyright crap to make other crap Momoconan movies ...

There is only one Conan for me and that's the Milius one , I prefer it even over the Original comics and novels ...
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptySun 15 Jan - 10:03

There is indeed a script Milius wrote back in 2001. I believe if you search for John Milius scripts or "King Conan: Crown of Iron" screenplay on tihis site there is a link where you can download it. Enjoy -and lament.
Back to top Go down
Prometheus
Rider of Doom
Prometheus

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptySun 15 Jan - 10:05

I did found but the link is expired , are there other download locations?
Btw , he did not have any plan for the 2nd movie? or his possible script for the second movie was like the "Destroyer" ? It seems to me that that script isn't much in his style ...
Back to top Go down
Prometheus
Rider of Doom
Prometheus

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptySun 15 Jan - 14:51

I was thinking , since Schwartzenegger now is off his mandate as Governor ... if I am not wrong ( right ? ) and he has plenty of money ..... done even thanks to the Jhon Milius movie that launched him ..... Why doesn't he help John Milius to make his new King Conan ? he woudl play ... Milius direct ... and it woudl come out a great movie ... What are they waiting for????
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptySun 15 Jan - 18:26

Prometheus wrote:
I was thinking , since Schwartzenegger now is off his mandate as Governor ... if I am not wrong ( right ? ) and he has plenty of money ..... done even thanks to the Jhon Milius movie that launched him ..... Why doesn't he help John Milius to make his new King Conan ? he woudl play ... Milius direct ... and it woudl come out a great movie ... What are they waiting for????

Exactly my thoughts.

Dunno man. Really, dunno. Surely Arnold has money to make a whole new trilogy. Dunno what's the problem. Arnold's way of thinking, maybe he only accepts earning money, never investing? He might think it's not a good business. Really, don't know...

Why on earth Arnold cannot invest money on someone who can write a decent script and good directing, and make a really good movie to relaunch his acting career, if that's what he really wants? Why going into that totally ludicrous "Gobernator" asscrap instead?

Arnold, come here and explain yourself. Mr. Green What the fuck is wrong with you. You dumbass. Awake! bounce
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptySun 15 Jan - 20:56

With Basil Poledouris and Mako both now trading jests in Valhalla, a new Milius Conan movie is seeming ever more and more unlikely. I was really stoked when I first heard about Crown of Iron only to be crushed and to hear Crom laugh at my girly man cries of woe.
On a side note- I had a weird dream the other night that Richard Corben teamed up with Ralph Bakshi to make an animated version of Oliver Stone's original "Conan" script. Now that would be weird...Gotta stay away from those cheese sandwiches before bedtime.
Back to top Go down
Prometheus
Rider of Doom
Prometheus

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptyMon 16 Jan - 14:03

Mako well he was old already when Conan Young so is not really needed ... But we still have Max Von Sidow? As for Basil Poledouris is a big loss , as his musics are just awesome , but may be someone liek Ennio morricone Coudl do a great work as well to give a new vibe to the series , and retake somehow the old style ....

As for Schwartzenegger I see that now he is working with Stallone , making some other crap action movie so still on the same area... .He shoudl just need to ask Milius let's do it ...

I read somewhere that befoure becoming governor he asked Milius to wait for him that he was interested in the movie ... but then ? no other news???
Back to top Go down
Prometheus
Rider of Doom
Prometheus

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptyMon 16 Jan - 14:23

May be the last hope?

http://www.petitiononline.com/petitions/crom1234/signatures?page=9
Back to top Go down
soyfriki
Turanian War Officer
soyfriki

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? EmptyMon 16 Jan - 16:19

Im sorry to say it, but Schwarzenegger has clearly shown that he does not have any REAL interest whatsoever in returning to Conan. AT ALL. His claim in the CTB commentaries with Milius that they should come back and make another sounds like the thing you say to an old friend when you meet him by chance but without any real intention to call him again.

And that petition is almost 10 years old, I think that Arnold himself received a copy from the heads of Arnoldfans. He may have lost it somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?   Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Milius never did the trilogy he planned?
Page 1 of 1