The Projection Booth Releases Seven Hour Podcast on Conan the Barbarian
The Projection Booth podcast (www.projectionboothpodcast.com) has explored over 200 films in the last four years. This week, they've gone overboard with a seven hour podcast about John Milius's 1982 film Conan the Barbarian.
Co-Host Mike White is joined by Talk Without Rhythm's El Goro and Radiodrome's Josh Hadley to discuss the history of Robert E. Howard's most-famous character from the pulp pages of Weird Tales to the 2011 re-imagining of the character. Along with the usual insightful discussion, the episode features interviews with the following people:
- Edward R Pressman, producer of over 80 feature films including Conan the Barbarian
- Mark Finn, author of the definitive Robert E Howard biography, Blood and Thunder
- Paul M Sammon, publicist for Conan the Barbarian and Conan the Destroyer, author of Conan the Phenomenon
- Sven-Ole Thorson, actor and stunt man who played Thorgrim in Conan the Barbarian
- Gerry Lopez, champion surfer who played Subotai in Conan the Barbarian
- Sean Hood, screenwriter of the 2011 Conan the Barbarian
- Roy Thomas, Marvel Comics writer of Savage Sword of Conan
- Josh Atkins, co-host of The Cromcast, a Robert E Howard podcast
"We're not just about length," assures Projection Booth co-host Mike White. "We go for depth and breadth. We hope that this episode is a fitting tribute to Robert E. Howard's creation, Arnold Schwarzenegger's portrayal, and John Milius's remarkable film."
The episode is available via iTunes, Stitcher, and the Projection Booth website: