The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Documentry Riddle Of Steel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2010-03-07

New Documentry Riddle Of Steel Empty
PostSubject: New Documentry Riddle Of Steel   New Documentry Riddle Of Steel EmptyMon 12 Oct - 19:34

https://www.facebook.com/ariddleofsteel

New Documentry Riddle Of Steel 11703146_600482060092193_4946245275777261984_n
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: New Documentry Riddle Of Steel   New Documentry Riddle Of Steel EmptyMon 12 Oct - 19:43

http://ariddleofsteel.fauxpop.com/conandoc/

Hope this Documentary is good.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: New Documentry Riddle Of Steel   New Documentry Riddle Of Steel EmptyMon 12 Oct - 20:17

It does look good. Conan

And it's good they use a Milius' concept and creation for the title of the "definitive history of Conan the Barbarian". Hope Milius finally gets the respect he deserves from all the intolerant fans... even if they cannot admit it.
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New Documentry Riddle Of Steel   New Documentry Riddle Of Steel EmptyTue 13 Oct - 4:51

While I am a big Howard fan myself, I am really only interested in this documentary for the Milius interview. Most Howard purists are always going to have a problem with the '82 movie. It made such a cultural impact that the character is mostly now associated with Arnold and Milius' dialogue. How many times have we heard the famous Genghis Khan quote; "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"? Most purists will point to the wheel of pain scene in horror. They cry foul when Conan seemingly "prays" to Crom at the battle of the mounds. They stare in slack jawed disbelief when, according to them, he cries piteously at the feet of Thulsa Doom, wailing- "You kilt my farder, you kilt my mudder- you kilt my people! You took my farder's sword..." The list goes on. But, I think, the main rankle of contention with these fans is that the film is good and actually succeeds in portraying Howard's work without adhering strictly to the source material. Yet, for all that, there is still a lot of Howard in the movie if you know where to look- and not all of it just taken from Conan stories. The movie is a deserved classic of the genre, as much as Howard's original stories were when they were first published in WEIRD TALES. Even 33 years later it still towers head and shoulders above the crowd.
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: New Documentry Riddle Of Steel   New Documentry Riddle Of Steel EmptyFri 22 Jan - 4:48

I think she says in An interview she had A deleted scene where the Wolf Witch comes back in the movie again.
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: New Documentry Riddle Of Steel   New Documentry Riddle Of Steel EmptyFri 22 Jan - 4:55

Old interview http://archive.thearnoldfans.com/news/1592.htm
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: New Documentry Riddle Of Steel   New Documentry Riddle Of Steel EmptyMon 28 Mar - 0:21

Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: New Documentry Riddle Of Steel   New Documentry Riddle Of Steel EmptyMon 28 Mar - 0:26

Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: New Documentry Riddle Of Steel   New Documentry Riddle Of Steel EmptySun 26 Mar - 4:01

Documentary has A page on Imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5909216/?ref_=nv_sr_1 New Documentry Riddle Of Steel 290?cb=20060427144301
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Documentry Riddle Of Steel   New Documentry Riddle Of Steel Empty

Back to top Go down

New Documentry Riddle Of Steel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conan Completist Forum :: English Board :: Conan the Barbarian-
Jump to: