The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...

Go down 
+12
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.
vzd963
Vanir1975
Torian
conan_collector
Flaming Turd
Chrysagon
Cromulus The Destroyer
AOster
Protoplasme
MightyMcT
Nexus6
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Sep - 22:31

Thanks!
I just added this:

https://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Osterberg/conan/Script/
Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 ConanOrigScript
Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 ConanOrigScript3
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: My latest acquisition...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Nov - 4:13

Been waiting 28 years for this:

Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma00pk3

Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma01aq0.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma02cz5.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma03xh7.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma04og3.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma05va8.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma06iu0.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma07rf6.th
Back to top Go down
Vanir1975
Pictish Scout
Vanir1975

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Nov - 14:48

The broken sword display was stunning. You are a great artisan.
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Nov - 17:07

Vanir1975 wrote:
The broken sword display was stunning. You are a great artisan.
Thanks much! Thorgrim thumleft
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Apr - 1:37

*BUMP*

Got another project coming up soon, don't want the thread to fall off the board... thumleft
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Apr - 2:50

Sweeet man! I can't wait to see what you have in the works!
I wish i had time and money to work up some new stuff. bounce
Though I graduate in June, so The Discerner should be on my wall soon.
I did however use my free printing on campus to get a professional copy of Oliver Stones First Draft printed out and bound like my Screen used Milius draft.
Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 IMGP9105
Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 IMGP9107
(I need to redo the cover though)
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Jul - 2:29

*BUMP* cuz I'll have some things to add soon I hope.
Back to top Go down
vzd963
Rider of Doom
vzd963

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Jul - 11:20

Back to the broken sword - great idea, and brilliant to put the magnets in the stand to hold it!

Snakes pendant - I suspect (judging from that great screen-grab above) that all the pendants were stamped out of some thin metal - once they'd set up the cutting-stamping machine they could make thousands - so any solid-bodied pendant we now find will be a later casting.
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Jan - 8:19

Nexus6 wrote:
*BUMP*

Got another project coming up soon, don't want the thread to fall off the board... thumleft
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Jan - 6:50

hehe, don't feel bad man, good things take time. The local laws here regarding rifle ownership may be changing, so I have been dumping all my spare cash into a rifle fund so I can be grandfathered in before the ban. Otherwise I would have been getting some things done. We'll be tickled with any pics though... Sometimes one has to live vicariously through others...
Back to top Go down
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.
Pictish Scout
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: 'Wheel of Pain' pendant   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Jun - 0:03

thats a very nice recreation of the 'Wheel of Pain' pendant.
do you have a step by step vid you could post on youtube showing how to make it .
cheers
Back to top Go down
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.
Pictish Scout
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Jun - 14:27

Nexus6 wrote:
Been waiting 28 years for this:

Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma00pk3

Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma01aq0.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma02cz5.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma03xh7.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma04og3.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma05va8.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma06iu0.th Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Ma07rf6.th

very nice example. what make is this as i notice theres no etchings but the quality looks marto level.
and was it expensive ?
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Jun - 23:38

THIS...YOU CAN TRUST. wrote:
thats a very nice recreation of the 'Wheel of Pain' pendant.
do you have a step by step vid you could post on youtube showing how to make it .
cheers
Thanks. Sorry, I don't have a video or anything. At the time I built it, I had some doubts as to whether or not I would actually be successful, so I didn't really document it.
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Jun - 23:40

very nice example. what make is this as i notice theres no etchings but the quality looks marto level.
and was it expensive ?
There is a maker's mark, it's just on the other side (& it is a Marto). It cost around $500 USD.
Back to top Go down
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.
Pictish Scout
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Jun - 23:47

Nexus6 wrote:
and was it expensive ?
There is a maker's mark, it's just on the other side (& it is a Marto). It cost around $500 USD.

ok cheers, i also bought the cheap version of the fathers sword and its ok for the wall but its not even close to the marto.
so im in the process of trying to get a good deal on both marto conan swords.
have you heard of armsoftheworld.com ? they are doing good prices but i cant find any feedback on their reliability.
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jun - 0:00

ok cheers, i also bought the cheap version of the fathers sword and its ok for the wall but its not even close to the marto.
have you heard of armsoftheworld.com ? they are doing good prices but i cant find any feedback on their reliability.
Just an FYI, while the Marto "Atlantean" bears VERY close resemblance to the screen-used sword, the Marto "Father's Sword" is not NEARLY as screen-accurate.

Any sorry, I don't know anything about armsoftheworld.
Back to top Go down
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.
Pictish Scout
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jun - 0:05

Nexus6 wrote:
Just an FYI, while the Marto "Atlantean" bears VERY close resemblance to the screen-used sword, the Marto "Father's Sword" is not NEARLY as screen-accurate.

Any sorry, I don't know anything about armsoftheworld.

ok thanks for the info,
do you know of anyone else other than albion who make a pretty accurate replica of the fathers sword ?
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jun - 5:27

ok thanks for the info,
do you know of anyone else other than albion who make a pretty accurate replica of the fathers sword ?
Unfortunately, at this time, NO. I have an acquaintance who is a fairly accomplished sword-maker, & he is trying his hand at the 'Father's Sword'. If/when it's done, if he decides to sell them to the public, I'll invite him over here so he can hawk his wares in person.

If his sword turns out like it looks like it will, I will be calling his 'Father's Sword' the MOST SCREEN-ACCURATE this side of an Albion.
Back to top Go down
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.
Pictish Scout
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jun - 9:16

If his sword turns out like it looks like it will, I will be calling his 'Father's Sword' the MOST SCREEN-ACCURATE this side of an Albion.[/quote]

if it does turn out that good it will then be a question of how much he will be asking. is there any indication
of price in mind ?

ps. has he had the use of an albion as a profile ?
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Jun - 22:49

if it does turn out that good it will then be a question of how much he will be asking. is there any indication
of price in mind ?

ps. has he had the use of an albion as a profile ?
I'd have to ask him. It seems like I heard him mention a price a while back & I don't remember being put off by it. In other words, it seemed to be very reasonable. I don't think he had an Albion right in front of him, but he had PLENTY of reference materials (as well as Albion owners supplying him with precise measurements).
Back to top Go down
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.
Pictish Scout
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.

PostSubject: prices   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Jun - 23:20

when you hear how much they will be stick a post on.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Arias
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jul - 0:56

Hey Nexus!!
I'm impressed by the realism of your hammer reproduction, it really seems screen accurate. Promportion wise it's alsmo perfect and looks a hel of a lot authentic than those chinese fantasy props seen here and there on the internet.
Using a telephone pole made it uselsess to give further patina (telephone and eletric pole wood is often treated with creosote or pitch, which darkens the wood and prevents it to end up eaten by insects and rot with humidity)

If you want to make a practical version to hammer away your neighbors or eventual intruders, use some hickory,pecan, birch, ash or hard maple for the handle (cedar is ok for a wall hanger or for lights blows -no pun intended-, but it's too stiff compared to it's shock impact resistance: it seems ok but when it fails it doesn't warn and just splits open)
For the head use the same woods as above (red birch wouldn't even need a die afterwards) or some black locust, osage orange any very hard northamerican wood.
White pine, lebanese cedar, willow and other similar light density high stiffness woods will fail.

Circle your weapon in wrought iron (no stainless) as for ancient barrels, not brass, even if brass looks cooler.

In ancient times, wooden spikes and spears had their points hardened in an open fire. I've never done it personally, smells like trial and error.

If ever you try a practical version as the one I described, tell us first Nexus! And post pics of the skulls you smashed!
I want rbains, lotttsa brains!
Back to top Go down
Arias
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jul - 1:00

Hey Nexus!!
I'm impressed by the realism of your hammer reproduction, it really seems screen accurate. Proportion wise it is perfect and looks a hell of a lot more authentic than those chinese fantasy props seen here and there on the internet.
Using a telephone pole made it unnecessary to further apply patina I presume (telephone and eletric pole wood is often treated with creosote or pitch, which darkens the wood and prevents it to end up eaten by insects and rot with humidity)

If you want to make a practical version to hammer away your neighbors or any miserable intruder, use some hickory,pecan, birch, ash or hard maple for the handle (cedar is ok for a wall hanger or for lights blows -no pun intended-, but it's too stiff compared to it's shock impact resistance: it seems ok but when it fails it doesn't warn and just splits open)
For the head use the same woods as above (red birch wouldn't even need a die afterwards) or some black locust, osage orange any very hard northamerican wood.
White pine, lebanese cedar, willow and other similar light density high stiffness woods will fail.

Circle your weapon in wrought iron (no stainless) as for ancient barrels, not brass, even if brass looks cooler.

In ancient times, wooden spikes and spears had their points hardened in an open fire. I've never done it personally, smells like trial and error.

If ever you try a practical version as the one I described, tell us first Nexus! And post pics of the skulls you smashed!
I want rbains, lotttsa brains!

(previous post was ridden with mistakes, I fell asleep while writing it... )
Back to top Go down
Wulfgar
Pictish Scout
Wulfgar

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jul - 14:13

Really really good stuff. The Wheel and Sword Shrine are my favorites without a doubt!
Back to top Go down
TexasPete
Pictish Scout
TexasPete

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Aug - 23:35

[/quote]

I've got the chinese knock offs. My Father's sword looks like the one in the previous photos, all the parts on it are tightly fitted. The Chinese Atlantean has a hallow plastic grip that I can feel wobble when I hold it, and the quillions are a little loose. The pommel can be unscrewed, and the parts removed. I disassembled it last night and applied epoxy into the grooves of the quillions to fix that part onto the blade. The next step will be to make a new grip for it, but I'm not sure how to procede. There's a gunsmith in my area that may be able to do this, but I've been too sheepish to go into his shop carrying a sword.
I found the Albion web site about 6-7 yrs ago, and started looking for cheap versions then. I found father's sword by at a novelty sword shop, then started searching the web for the Atlantean, and found it at the Kult of Athena.
Their site shows if they have the item in stock or back ordered. When I ordered mine, it was listed as in stock, then changed to back ordered a few days later, and wound up taking several weeks to come in.
Now they have the Albion and Marto swords listed on the site. It would be cheaper to order the Albion swords directly from Albion. They also have several of the axes, and valeria's sword, Conan's helm, and the fangs of the serpent.

I have some wood curing in my shed to make a Thorgrim inspired hammer. I love how you built that thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...   Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Share in my madness: Some of my Conan projects...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conan Completist Forum :: English Board :: Conan the Barbarian-
Jump to: