The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pred-Alien

Go down 
+3
Flaming Turd
Einar
Cromulus The Destroyer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Pred-Alien - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 Oct - 15:57

Oh, you will. tristme

THe unique respectful continuation of the franchise lies on the AVP videogames. Even the old PC ones were amazing on every level.
I played the 2010 one on the PS3 of a friend, and it's also really really good.

Wonder why the hell couldn't they make a movie with that same adult tone. Nothing in the games contradicts, spoils, or ridiculizes anything from the first movies. That's what makes the games so good.

Some people even has complained about the games being too dark and violent... LOL. It's so silly, how can you blame these franchises on that?? That's what they are about, these are horror movies for adults.

Since somebody thought it would be a good idea making movies for teens, with unrealistic violence and lighted horror... the spirit was destroyed. Shit ........and yeah, that's exactly the same shit it's happening with Conan.

You raped Conan.... Bastards!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 5 EmptyWed 13 Oct - 23:44

I rather believe Cameron and Ridley Scott played sabotage with the Alien and Predator series. Neither one really liked the idea of AvP. Probably something along the lines, they dont ever out do our movies unless we ourselves direct again sorta thing.
Back to top Go down
Acedia
Pictish Scout
Acedia

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Oct - 19:10

Flaming Turd wrote:
Oh, you will. tristme

THe unique respectful continuation of the franchise lies on the AVP videogames. Even the old PC ones were amazing on every level.
I played the 2010 one on the PS3 of a friend, and it's also really really good.

Wonder why the hell couldn't they make a movie with that same adult tone. Nothing in the games contradicts, spoils, or ridiculizes anything from the first movies. That's what makes the games so good.

Some people even has complained about the games being too dark and violent... LOL. It's so silly, how can you blame these franchises on that?? That's what they are about, these are horror movies for adults.

Since somebody thought it would be a good idea making movies for teens, with unrealistic violence and lighted horror... the spirit was destroyed. Shit ........and yeah, that's exactly the same shit it's happening with Conan.

You raped Conan.... Bastards!!! Evil or Very Mad

I'm sure I'll end up disliking it!
Nothing beats the original!

Funny, I had a conversation with someone in my fitness class.
Short story even shorter, he said that the Predators had a better cast then the original Predator and that it was amazing compared to the original Predator.
Our generation is falling into chaos when it comes to taste.
Personally, I think he's a fucking idiot.

I'm actually on a forum that had to do with the AVP2010, The game is actually upsetting.
Sure, at first, what's better then the classic gameplay.
You can't argue, the gaming franchise for AVP has been great!
And everyone loves stalking each other and jumping all over the place.

But the hype on the other forum was so huge.
Most of us were expecting a "game of the year" game.
Story mode was, "bland".
Multiplayer - plenty of flaws/connection issues.
SEGA even stopped supporting DLC on the consoles and refuse to patch the AVP2010.
The PC version is a lot better than the Console one.
This is another story completely, my hopes were so high.
Just to be crushed. :(

All we can do is remember the old legends that created the masterpieces.
As everyone else goes and watches "Twilight".
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Oct - 19:41

Acedia wrote:

Story mode was, "bland".
SEGA even stopped supporting DLC on the consoles and refuse to patch the AVP2010.

Yeah, I know it got so-so reviews. It could have been better. It was just an improved version of the old AVP2 game for PCs... thing is I loved that one, so having a "remake" wasn't a bad thing for me.
Still they are doing a "Colonial Marines" game, if i'm not wrong. Maybe that one would bring something new.

But it's really difficult, you know. To hold the "atmosphere" and "feeling" of the original movies... For example, the colonial marines themselves, the idea was playing with the audience's mind-images of Vietnam soldiers. That's why in 1986 the visuals were so powerful, cause audience still had Vietnam on their minds.
Today, the marines design is not so powerful.

And for "Alien Resurrections" they decided to change the style -maybe because they realized the Vietnam-based style wouldn't work anymore- and then came into... into... into NOTHING. They didn't change into something based on reality, but generic sci-fi designs wich had no meaning or remembered to any real thing. So, the franchise lost its symbolic power.

"Alien" was all about visual symbols. Look at the design of the creature, it's a visual, freudian symbol itself. A creaure with the head of a phalus.
Genitalia forms on the alien spacecraft and enviroments.
People inside a "womb" (mother) wich is infected by a "virus"...
Vietnam soldiers with awesome armament come into combat with a primitive force, with no training, no modern weapons, no discipline, wich surprisingly kick the shit out of the soldiers...

Those are things based on "real" things wich make the movies interesting and powerful, on an unconsciouss level.

The AVP movies had NOTHING of that. They are just bad comic-books for teens. Read it then flush the toilet.
Back to top Go down
Acedia
Pictish Scout
Acedia

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Oct - 21:42

Flaming Turd wrote:
Acedia wrote:

Story mode was, "bland".

Yeah, I know it got so-so reviews. It could have been better. It was just an improved version of the old AVP2 game for PCs... thing is I loved that one, so having a "remake" wasn't a bad thing for me.
Still they are doing a "Colonial Marines" game, if i'm not wrong. Maybe that one would bring something new.

But it's really difficult, you know. To hold the "atmosphere" and "feeling" of the original movies... For example, the colonial marines themselves, the idea was playing with the audience's mind-images of Vietnam soldiers. That's why in 1986 the visuals were so powerful, cause audience still had Vietnam on their minds.
Today, the marines design is not so powerful.

And for "Alien Resurrections" they decided to change the style -maybe because they realized the Vietnam-based style wouldn't work anymore- and then came into... into... into NOTHING. They didn't change into something based on reality, but generic sci-fi designs wich had no meaning or remembered to any real thing. So, the franchise lost its symbolic power.

"Alien" was all about visual symbols. Look at the design of the creature, it's a visual, freudian symbol itself. A creaure with the head of a phalus.
Genitalia forms on the alien spacecraft and enviroments.
People inside a "womb" (mother) wich is infected by a "virus"...
Vietnam soldiers with awesome armament come into combat with a primitive force, with no training, no modern weapons, no discipline, wich surprisingly kick the shit out of the soldiers...

Those are things based on "real" things wich make the movies interesting and powerful, on an unconsciouss level.

The AVP movies had NOTHING of that. They are just bad comic-books for teens. Read it then flush the toilet.

AVP2010 wasn't a complete loss, but almost in my books!
Colonial Marines is still green lit, I'm definitely waiting on their take on it. (Gearbox)

That's true the atmosphere in it was grim, spooky, and unknown.
Colonial Marines were armed to the teeth and trained, but I guess it's more about how deadly and murderous the Aliens can actually be.
They are the "perfect" killing machine.

Different directors have different views, and thoughts on how their ideas can change something and turn it into something better or more creative.
I'm still angry at Hick's being killed off, he was SET to be the main character in Alien3!
And again, imagination takes off in different shapes and forms as for AlienR.
It wasn't a complete disaster, but it lost the "true" horror.

Alien and Aliens are put far apart, one being horror and one being more so action.
But they're very close and Cameron did the perfect thing after Scott.
He adapted perfectly!

With AVP, well...
They fucked up, huge.
I can't even go into detail of how horrid the AVP franchise is.
Huge disappointment.
AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE COLONIAL MARINES.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pred-Alien
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conan Completist Forum :: English Board :: Conan the Barbarian-
Jump to: