The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

Number of posts : 16130
Registration date : 2004-12-15

[Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) Empty
PostSubject: [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1)   [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) EmptySat 3 Nov - 0:00

Here it is, at last, the very first part of our exclusive lengthy interview with the great William Stout, just for you CONAN fans!

Follow me :
arrow http://www.conancompletist.com/EN/william_stout.html

Cool
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1)   [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) EmptySat 3 Nov - 18:31

Thank you. Great is the word for you, man. Yeahhhh!

Shocked Ooohh, Corben was going to make the storyboards? Wow.It would be SO nice to see that sample page he made! It's not published but wonder if it exist somewhere... (Maybe we should kidnap Corben and make him confess and... you know...) Rolling Eyes

Hm, I think the Neal Adams storyboards where published in "The savage sword of Conan". I had them somewhere in my in progress "comics" article works.

[Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) Savagesword06059at3

Could be those?
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1)   [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) EmptySat 3 Nov - 19:34

[Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) YoungJackPalance
Back to top Go down
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

Number of posts : 16130
Registration date : 2004-12-15

PostSubject: Re: [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1)   [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) EmptySat 3 Nov - 22:35

Flaming Turd wrote:
Could be those?

Yep, that's the ones! From "The Savage Sword of Conan" #60. Neal Adams did draw an entire pre-credits opening sequence, a la James Bond.

According to the text article that goes with his boards, he didn't do it for Ed Pressman, but rather for some other producer "who eventually lost the rights to the Conan character". This other producer remains unnamed in the article, but it probably was Milton Subotsky...? study
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1)   [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) EmptySat 3 Nov - 22:47

MightyMcT wrote:
This other producer remains unnamed in the article, but it probably was Milton Subotsky...

David Prowse interview?

http://sci-fi-online.50megs.com/2006_Interviews/06-09-14_DaveProwse.htm

Quote :
I was offered the role of Conan years before Arnold was even considered for it. Unfortunately the producer, who was a guy called Milton Subotsky, who I thought had the rights to the books unfortunately died. The rights were taken over by somebody else and Arnold got the part. That's one part that I think would have been wonderful for me at that time of my career.

HAHA Even Lucas couldnt stand Gil taylor,lol. For christ's sake though, Lucas is a megalomaniac and really is off in his own universe as Milius said in various interviews.. Lucas treated Prowse like shit. foufou
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2005-02-12

PostSubject: Re: [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1)   [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) EmptySat 3 Nov - 23:08

Dave Prowse as Conan ????!!!! Shocked

Then what ? Mark Hamill as Thulsa Doom ?! Laughing

Man, the things that could have been...

[Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) JackPalance

Palance would have made a terrific Conan's father, that's for sure ! viking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1)   [Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1) Empty

Back to top Go down

[Site update] William Stout Interview (Part 1)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conan Completist Forum :: English Board :: Conan the Barbarian-
Jump to: