WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The new Conan movie: latest rumors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Flaming Turd
Vanir

Number of posts : 3995
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Mon 21 Jan - 21:12

Hm, yeah, taht guy sounds intelligent, first thing I thought as I was reading the transcription. Clear mind.

Gerard Butler no... PLEASE. I won't even watch that movie... Shocked Not even in a Clockwork Orange fashion way, with clips in the fucking eyes. I just had enough with AVP2. Enough. I'm not gonna buy shit again. Shit is free. I can make it with my ass. Don't want it. Thank you.

Xavier Xens said it clear: "you propose an extremely brutal and definitive movie, and then, the guys, they do not want that, they want an huge commercial movie".

Ok, they can keep that for themselves. Don't need more crap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
axerules
Rider of Doom

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Tue 22 Jan - 18:59

Cromulus The Destroyer wrote:
Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome, man. mongol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nemedie.free.fr/site/
Chrysagon
Vanir

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2005-09-12

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Wed 23 Jan - 12:06

Conan the Raper ? no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chrysagon.free.fr
Dan

PostSubject: Xavier Gens   Tue 29 Jan - 1:00

Hitman was a excellent movie.
Back to top Go down
Chrysagon
Vanir

Number of posts : 1218
Registration date : 2005-09-12

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Tue 29 Jan - 11:59

With its introduction copied from the Manticore organization in the TV series Dark Angel. Even the bar-code tatoo on the neck is there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chrysagon.free.fr
AOster
Turanian War Officer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Tue 29 Jan - 13:55

Both the first Hitman video game and the series Dark Angel came out in the year 2000. Both having been in production for a while before makes it unlikely that either was copied from the other. The idea is not that original for either, and the recent movie is just a rendition of the game whose plot was outlined from the start... so I don't find the similarity that big a deal.
The film was ok, but I didn't jump up and down much. I liked the games, and I liked the movie. However, I don't know if the director could pull off another Conan film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Tue 29 Jan - 19:30

Chrysagon wrote:
With its introduction copied from the Manticore organization in the TV series Dark Angel. Even the bar-code tatoo on the neck is there.

Werent the barcodes used on the prisoners from FURY 161 in Alien 3 back in 1993?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AOster
Turanian War Officer

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Wed 30 Jan - 3:53

I don't recall. However the idea is as old as the barcode itself. Once you start labeling anything its not a very far stretch of the imagination to apply the same system to humans. After all, we're just so many absurd meatbags. (To paraphrase chuang tzu)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Sun 10 Feb - 23:13

Rob Zombie to direct CONAN? BAHAHAHA!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/850/850686p1.html

foufou
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Wed 13 Feb - 0:07

Least this time I wasnt the only one who smelled something rotten in the state of Denmark.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080212l.php

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Protoplasme
Admin

Number of posts : 14916
Registration date : 2004-09-10

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Wed 20 Feb - 20:02

Lawsuit? Neutral

Quote :
What about that new Arnold-less "Conan" film you ask? Well, it appears Nu Image is having more problems getting the barbarian ready due to a new lawsuit. Perhaps Conan will just have to keep spinning his wheel of pain to pass the time until he can crush his enemies once more.

Conan Properties Int'l, the creator and owner of the underlying rights to the "Conan the Barbarian" films, is suing several parties, including Lionsgate, Edward R. Pressman Productions,Modern Times Group, and others, seeking a piece of net profits from the films.

The lawsuit comes as indie film company Nu Image plans to begin production on a remake of "Conan the Barbarian," which Lionsgate will distribute next year.

The film series, based on the 1930s pulp novels by Robert E. Howard, was conceived in 1977; at the time, Conan Properties licensed rights to Hollywood producer Pressman in return for five percent of all net profits from the film and its sequel.

Five years later, when the film finally came out, Pressman's firm sublicensed the film, kicking off a series of handoffs. Conan Properties sued Pressman in 1983 and that matter was settled. But according to this complaint, the chain of custody, which assigned rights to the film from Pressman to Paradise Films to December Associates to Modern Entertainment and finally to Lionsgate, left Conan Properties forgotten.

The defendants have breached the original Pressman agreement and 1983 settlement, the complaint alleges, by "failing to remit to (Conan Properties) 5% of 100% of all net profits derived from the exploitation of the first film...and any sequel...based upon the Property, including but not limited to domostic and international distribution on DVD."

It looks like Conan may be tied to "the tree of woe" for a bit longer.

http://thearnoldfans.com/news/1238.htm

axerules
Rider of Doom

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Sat 23 Feb - 18:16

Bull$hit. This rumor started with an inaccurate article.

Posted today on Conan.com by an administrator, Jay@Paradox , the "voice" of CPI:

Quote :
As Rusty has explained very spot-on, the recent legal kerfuffle has nothing to do with the upcoming movie. It is all about royalties from the two previous movies. Probably the article heading that throws ppl off, it is quite misleading. Bad journalist, may Set strike him down. The article, quoting Reuters/Hollywood Reporter, wrongly says the upcoming movie is a remake of "Conan the Barbarian", which it isn't, nor is it for that matter the third part in a trilogy. New movie. It's not going to be a kids movie. We're aiming for some good fighting.

Development is in full swing and producer Fred Malmberg (the Crom of Paradox/CPI) is meeting a LOT of ppl. Rumors will be spawned and bound to end up on message boards, news sites and IMDb. Until any entity involved in the movie (Paradox/CPI, Nu Image/Milllennium Films, Lions Gate) publicly announces the signing of a director/actor it is just a rumor. But as a fellow fan I know how it is, it is fun to get excited either way, whether you like something or not! So talk about it, discuss all you want (and we do read what fans say) as long as you take some things with a grain of salt.

If you are talking about CPI today then it means us, Conan Properties International. There is no other entity with ownership or interest in the rights to Conan.

Have a great weekend all of you!

Someone wants to have his share of money (is it legitimate or not ? I don't care !) for the two first movies, period.

mongol
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Sun 24 Feb - 23:42

That CONAN.com stuff could be damage control, as the eventual movie has been in development hell since even Threshold Entertainment held the rights way back when, and nothing budged until Milius came back on board with Warner bros. back in 1999/2000.

From what I understand Pressman was largely responsible for the formation of CONAN Properties Inc, DeCamp also owned some partve it too, not sure whats what nowadays though.

Then again, like the Rob Zombie rumor, could be all bullshit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
axerules
Rider of Doom

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Mon 25 Feb - 16:31

Yes, everything's possible.

The latest "director rumor": Neil Marshall.
Back to top Go down
maelstrom
Pit Fighter

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Wed 12 Mar - 19:36

Today, somebody posted on Conan.com that the director is to be Len Wiseman (Die Hard 4/Live Free or Die Hard) and that the role of Conan would be played by 300's Gerard Butler. This has been circulating for a while now I guess and of course it is all speculative. I have not been able to find any accurate information about this. However, this could just be a bout of wishful thinking as there are many members of Conan.com who are enamored with the 300 film. Don't get me wrong, I liked 300, but I'm certainly not as crazy about it as a lot of people. Personally, I think Gerard Butler is a decent actor, but I'm not sure he really has that 'Conan' look. There was also this big rumor at one time that Robert Rodriquez (Desperado/Planet Terror) would direct, then it was Zombie (House of 1000 corpses/Halloween)...There's been so much rumors surrounding a potential new Conan movie, that frankly, I'm just about to the point where I doubt it will ever be made. It wouldn't help to pray to Crom either, because he doesn't listen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/maelstromcustoms/index.htm
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Thu 13 Mar - 6:27

I was quite surprised by this interview..Arnold talks about wanting to be back as Conan for the KING CONAN movie and blasts the Sarah Connor TV series(which made me laugh).

Probably one of TAFS best articles in a long time imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE94OEgLZrQ

Dont want to spoil the ending. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Thu 13 Mar - 6:54

maelstrom, I haven read anything on this supposed new "Gerry Butler" casting rumor, but hope its wrong to be honest but wouldnt be surprised of it weren't. The black guy from "Gladiator" was supposedly offered a supporting role in the new CONAN movie..its somewhere on ign.com.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maelstrom
Pit Fighter

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Mon 17 Mar - 1:36

Well, this is no rumor, just some wishful thinking. I'm not the first person to suggest this, but I think Javier Bardem from "No Country for Old Men" would be my pick to portray Conan in a new movie. He certainly nailed the role of a cold-blooded, killer. And he did it with great intensity and deliberation. He also has the look and voice of someone who may have descended from an ancient race. I don't know how tall he is, and he may need to beef up quite a bit, but he certainly didn't have a weak looking physique. Just look at his SAVAGE expression on the cover art below...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/maelstromcustoms/index.htm
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Mon 17 Mar - 8:39

Have to be honest, John Cena grew on me. I think he would be quite good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flaming Turd
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Thu 20 Mar - 20:25

That interview was cool... I think Arnold is doing a good "political" job there inviting the TAF to do a cameo in the King Conan movie... So these guys are surely now even more involved in the job making the producers choose Arnoldo for the role. He has the right age as he says, and also he could play a lot of his own living experience as a powerful politic for the character. Same the movie is not directed by milius who i'm sure would like to do somehting like that, talking about the corruption of power, and the "responsabilities" of being a king. But what the fuck am I talking about, who wants today a movie about that topics... scratch Who the fuck goes to the movies to think... Nobody. The only thing people wants is entertaiment and that's all... Same and shame. How cool would be to watch Arnold in a mature movie, playing a really interesting character.

"It would be like the muppets or something... ridiculous..." LOL. Yeah, you can notice he is really proud of the terminator movies, and sees it cannot be turned into a kiddie series. Is what im talking about with the King Conan project. My big fear is that it will be closer to "The Destroyer" than to "The Barbarian"... Same and shame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Flaming Turd
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Thu 20 Mar - 20:28

I propossed Bardem as a possible oniric choice for the role. I think he is not too tall as a cimmerian would be, but that is not exactly a problem in Hollywood... just take a look at Tom Cruise Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Thu 20 Mar - 22:10

Turd, that interview was a fake, watch part two.rabbit

It was good, but sadly the joke is more on us fans than anything else. They shouldve waited until April 1st(April Fool's day)imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flaming Turd
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Fri 21 Mar - 20:40

shifty is it a joke is it a joke that means im the new dan Laughing crap
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Sat 22 Mar - 4:08

I would cameo as the mad fanboy by Crumb...Rexor

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flaming Turd
Vanir

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Sat 22 Mar - 5:08

LOL!

Ey, man, good to see you!

Damn, you are really buffed. Mr. Green I would share a picture showing my muscles but I just don't know where the fuck they are. I'm just trying to find them. Rolling Eyes

Anyway i'm thin but tough. viking I dare you to a friendly kendo swordfighting any day. A friend of mine bought me a plasctic katana my last birthday. 100 % hatori hanzo's plastic. Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Conan movie: latest rumors   Today at 23:52

Back to top Go down

The new Conan movie: latest rumors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next