The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!

Go down 
+3
Cromulus The Destroyer
Flaming Turd
Einar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2005-02-12

Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyFri 15 Feb - 17:23

Hey folks, I know it's non-Conan related but as long as Cromulus-The-Destroyer is allowed to post messages on AVP and pred-aliens, I guess its OK for me to post this ! Wink

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianajones.html;_ylt=AsY7qv8MSH6wl3g1GC6bw55fVXcA

I'm partly excited (a 4th Indy ? T'was about time ! bounce ) and disappointed (way too much CGI effects in that trailer for my taste + the whole Roswell/Area 51 thing, I think I don't buy it Neutral)
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyFri 15 Feb - 18:05

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, I dunno what to say...

It's a giant pleasure watching the old man again wearing the fedora and the hat. bounz

But... Dunno, one stupid thought, but if he is decades older why is he wearing the same uniform? That turns kinda silly in a comic book superhero kind of way. But well, that is a minor detail. Razz

And I agree with the CGI stuff, hmmmmmmmmmm that is not a good combo, as the movie would need an "old school" feeling. The first image of the shadow of Indy putting the hat on really has the feeling. :) But the action scenes looks too "modern" for me, and maybe they are spectacular but has no strenght. I want a closeup of Jones as he punches the face of the nazi enemy, not a technically perfect general shot with calculated angles that shows everything and nothing at the same time. They loose the "warm", too cold. You don't get caught inside the action, you just watch it.

So, a little feeling of future dissapointing, I smell.

The characters don't look specially attractive, either. That bad nazi-sado woman is not too impressive... The son of doctor Jones, hmmmmm, I don't give a fuck about it... I hope i'm wrong. I wanna trust Spielberg, since I can't say i'm a big fan of his latest works but I admit I enjoyed them very much. But... He said in an interview "I DIDN'T MADE THIS FILM FOR ME, I DID IT FOR THE AUDIENCE"... As it would be something to be proud of. Naaah, man, that is called "selling out" and the productions made "for the audiences" ALLWAYS sucks. Maybe you get tons of dollars, but the feeling of dissapointing can't be denied. And that means something, admit it or not.

Also, I feel that the action is over the top. Indy was a human being -and besides he has extreme good luck and allways saves his ass in the last moment, so the whole audience knows he is going to win, he suffers a lot in his fights and actions against death so in some moments you can't really be sure that he is going to make it-. That is a essential part of the joy.

But I watched in the trailer this old (60) man jumping and kicking asses like he was a god. Hmmmmmmmmmm, another thing that really SUCKS. I am afraid that it will get me bored too soon. Shit, men, I must stop going to commercial cinema. Lately I'm only collecting frustrations. Rolling Eyes "Conan 3" is something I have no hope on, at all.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyFri 15 Feb - 18:10

Looks so-so. Jones fighting the soviets I dont like, I mean what next the Viet Kong?! But supposedly Spielberg doest want to use the nazi's as cartoonish villains anymore.. though he made a career outve doing so,lol.

Seem's Spielberg liked using the Russian RPG, which didnt come out until the early 60's. He used it in Raiders of the Lost Ark as well, and had the German Afrika Corps roaming around in British controlled Egypt during the mid 30's before the War. Technically Jones shouldve been using the German Panzerfaust, but this didnt come out until late in WW2 anyhow. Laughing

*They shouldve dyed his hair, he looks terrible with that gray hair.
Back to top Go down
Einardiño
Pit Fighter
Einardiño

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyFri 15 Feb - 18:42

Flaming Turd wrote:
It's a giant pleasure watching the old man again wearing the fedora and the hat

Man ! The "Fedora" is actually the name of the hat. Even I know that ! Mr. Green

Quote :
So, a little feeling of future dissapointing, I smell.

Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! Yoda8

Like Master Yoda in reverse you talk ? Mr. Green

I don't feel excited at all. Being younger than my bro, I didn't experienced the whole Indy movie experince in theaters in the 80s, but saw them on TV and videotapes... I guess I'm not as into it as he is...

The nostalgia effect not working on me, I don't see anything really promising or really surprising in that trailer. Indy trying to enter a forbidden military zone by hiding into a car trunk and getting caught ? How exciting ! Rolling Eyes Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyFri 15 Feb - 18:43

Oh, are they soviets?

Could perfectly be nazis. Could perfectly be whatever. Razz
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyFri 15 Feb - 18:44

Fedora is tha hat?

voui!

Call me dumb. I am. Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyFri 15 Feb - 18:46

Booo for cashing in on an icon. They seems to have taken Jones into the mass market-one liners theme that all films are focused on now. I don't understand how hollywood can still make crap the same. The first and third had a great ambiance, and now we have poorly written one liners, sterotyped badguys, another "kid" sidekick, and an obvious focus on his age being a knee slapper throughout. So, though the jokes and fun parts were there in the others, now we are to see him as a superhero, comic relief, and a "too old for this stuff" throwback.

Typical hollywood. I think he said it straight, "I made this film for the audiance", as in, "I made this film for the audiance to be duped into thinking its as good as the last one, fork out the cash so I can keep being ritch, and then be utter dissapointed as they are in every crappy sequal that I stole themes from to make this pile."... or did I read too much into his quote and trailer? scratch

I can see him wearing the same outfit though. I still see people wearing 80's styles 30 years later walking down the streets.
Back to top Go down
Einardiño
Pit Fighter
Einardiño

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyFri 15 Feb - 19:11

Speaking of one liner, could someone please explain the meaning of the last one to me and possibly to other non-English readers of this forum ?

I think I heard "Part time" ? scratch
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyFri 15 Feb - 19:15

Well with the Mummy series, National Treasure and Tomb Raider movies, they no doubt played apart in the making of this movie...they all copy from eachother..even Indiana Jones is a copy.

Also his look was taken from Heston from the Greatest Show on Earth movie:

Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! Greatestshowonearth_1
Back to top Go down
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

Number of posts : 16130
Registration date : 2004-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyFri 15 Feb - 22:38

Einardiño wrote:
I think I heard "Part time" ? scratch

Yes. That was in response to the question "You are a teacher?" Wink
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptySat 16 Feb - 15:10

Looks like they are repeating the "father/teacher and son/student" relationship conflict that Indy had with Connery. Nothing new, I guess. Shit
Back to top Go down
Einardiño
Pit Fighter
Einardiño

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptySat 16 Feb - 17:55

MightyMcT wrote:
That was in response to the question "You are a teacher?"

Oh, allrighty then ! I hadn't connected the two lines together, thats why the "Part time" felt strange ! Razz

Call me dumb. I am. Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyTue 14 Oct - 22:02

The Crystal Skeleton always gave me a DeCamp CONAN vibe in the movie which was overall very weak. Probably why Lucas and Ford want to do another one, though Lucas probably wants the Adventures of Indy's son, blah!

Anyhow, check out this:

Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! Indy-787

Last edited by Cromulus The Destroyer on Tue 14 Oct - 23:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Torian
Pictish Scout
Torian

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyTue 14 Oct - 23:15

The first 3 Indys were really good- especially the 3rd one- but this one really sucked IMO, I think it was all for the money. Shame on this film.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! EmptyMon 20 Oct - 17:54

Since the movie was set in some kind of aztec-like ruins it's not strange they used snakes like these, very common in mayan and toltec art (more than aztec which used mostly the feathered one).

The Indy4 movie made me feel ashamed in some moments, like those involving Marion and the snake as a rope scene puker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!   Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones 4 trailer!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1