The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

George Lucas involved in CTB??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

George Lucas involved in CTB?? Empty
PostSubject: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 11 Sep - 7:12

I just read in a couple of spanish pages that "George Lucas was the one who suggested Arnold to the producers, because he looked like a Buscema drawing" scratch

Was Lucas somehow related to the movie? Sorry If i'm missing some trivia but I just don't swallow this.

As far as I know, Lucas and Milius stopped being friends after Lucas success with "Star Wars", more or less Milius said he became an asshole.
Back to top Go down
Chrysagon
Vanir
Chrysagon

Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2005-09-12

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 11 Sep - 7:27

Flaming Turd wrote:
...more or less Milius said he became an asshole.

Have you guys ever seen him laugh or even smile in any interview ?
Back to top Go down
http://chrysagon.free.fr
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 11 Sep - 8:17

Talking about Milius or Lucas?
Back to top Go down
Chrysagon
Vanir
Chrysagon

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 11 Sep - 8:27

Lucas.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 11 Sep - 9:11

HAHA, yeah! I think Lucas and Milius are still friends, but not as close as they once were. In Red Dawn(1984), Milius has one of the wolverines sport a Star Wars cap. I think it was also toyed with that Milius would direct a prequel Episode by Lucas or he(Milius) expressed interest in doing so back in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 11 Sep - 11:07

Man, the thing that scares me the most about Lucas, is not he can't smile...

it's that CREEPY double chin

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/george_lucas.jpg

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2007/05/24/orangutan.jpg

What about that thing about Lucas being the one who suggested Schwarzenegger as Conan... Do you ever heard about it or it was just bull?
Back to top Go down
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

Number of posts : 16130
Registration date : 2004-12-15

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 11 Sep - 11:22

There are multiple "stories" about who suggested Arnold as Conan, but yes, one of them has Lucas attending a rough-cut screening of Pumping Iron, alongside with Ed Pressman and Ed Summer:

Quote :
At any rate, during the screening both Lucas and Summer were intensely impressed with the screen presence and personality of body-builder Arnold Schwarzenegger. Lucas and Summer began wondering how Schwarzenegger could best be used in films; and as one, each turned to the other and exclaimed, "Conan!"

(But a much more interesting story, to me, is the one with Coppola having some input in the Conan editing room... Mr. Green)

Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 11 Sep - 11:31

Flaming Turd wrote:
Man, the thing that scares me the most about Lucas, is not he can't smile...

Thats not a chin man, thats all NECK! Shocked The man lacks a chin proper, and looks like a piece of laytex fake flesh there. Mr. Green

*As Mighty pointed out previously, yes, there were a few different variants of the story with Arnold and Lucas. Not so sure Milius wanted him at first either, since he looked into other actors for the role, but Schwarzenegger was always supposed to be secured via contract since 1975.

The Lucas involvment can explain some things with WILLOW and its similiaries to CONAN.
Back to top Go down
Chrysagon
Vanir
Chrysagon

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 11 Sep - 11:39

Flaming Turd wrote:

I think thyroïd problems can cause such things.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 11 Sep - 11:46

Cromulus The Destroyer wrote:

Thats not a chin man, thats all NECK! Shocked The man lacks a chin proper, and looks like a piece of laytex fake flesh there. Mr. Green

http://www.dickipedia.org/images/George-lucas.jpg

Shit, someone buy this man a scarf for Yoda's sake!!!

He's smiling in that pic... though, that smile looks creepy also Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 25 Sep - 14:58

MightyMcT wrote:

(But a much more interesting story, to me, is the one with Coppola having some input in the Conan editing room... Mr. Green)

Where did that storie come from, Mighty?
Back to top Go down
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

Number of posts : 16130
Registration date : 2004-12-15

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? EmptyThu 25 Sep - 16:43

This interview(er):
http://www.davidlynch.de/tiplynchtrans.html

Quote :
TIP: I saw Coppola there once in his darkened office sitting in front of his computer. He wrote the screenplay for "Outsiders'; supervised Wim Wender`s shooting for "Hammett on a screen; took part in the sound mixing of "Einer mit Herz" [don`t know the original title] and took part in at least two conferences, all at the same time. Scary, it felt like death. Additionally he prepared the editing for "Conan - the Barbarian'. All at once, all this in front of his computer..

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas involved in CTB??   George Lucas involved in CTB?? Empty

Back to top Go down

George Lucas involved in CTB??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conan Completist Forum :: English Board :: Conan the Barbarian-
Jump to: