The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Conan the King rumor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Conan the King rumor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan the King rumor   Conan the King rumor EmptyThu 23 Apr - 4:52

TheArnoldfans always runs these very strange articles, so take it with a grain of salt... but IF it's somewhat true, then there is no Milius involvement and it's going back to a 1997 era CONAN THE KING idea which Arnold was once working on and considered directing himself.

Quote :
ABking Hears Conan May be Crowned "King"!
Is Conan On Hold to Wait for Arnold's Return?

Reported By: ABKing
Saturday, April 18, 2009

It is April 14th, 2009 as I type this awesome rumor. An alleged source close to the Conan reboot film claims the upcoming Paradox Entertainment/NuImage Conan movie (that wasn't going to star Arnold) was moving forward up to 3 weeks ago but has now stalled indefinetly. Seems the current climate of doing old franchise's with the same star(s) of the original and scoring a huge success is what changed Avi Lerner's mind. Rumored plans are to wait until November 2010 when Arnold will have more freedom to shoot a full length feature film to start filming the long awaited CONAN THE KING.

I was told producers would like to change the name from KING CONAN to give the project a fresh start so it's not confused with the old 2001 John Milius version. Supposedly, a new script will be written. Though our own Randy Jennings says the second draft he has read for KING CONAN rivals Schwarzenegger's own CRUSADE script.

It makes sense to switch from KING CONAN to CONAN THE KING because it goes with the other two Schwarzenegger movie titles of CONAN THE BARBARIAN & CONAN THE DESTROYER. Now, Conan will be King!

The best part of the rumor was why Nu/Image now wants Arnold back as Conan. Avi Lerner likes the idea of GHOSTBUSTERS 3 coming together with the same cast and thinks waiting for Schwarzenegger will give him his biggest box-office hit to date. Funny thing about all this is, back in January of 2008, Arnie had ask Lerner at the premiere of RAMBO to wait for his return. Only to have Avi say he can't!

The goal is for CONAN THE KING to be released the same year Arnold leaves office because a November 2011 release date was mentioned.

OK, my thoughts on these rumors, if true, are that funding fell threw and Nu/Image couldn't muster up 80-100 million dollars for Conan's budget with no-name lead actors. Rumor has it that Mickey Rourke is being sought to play Conan, but will executives fund a 100 million Mickey Rourke Conan film, knowing he ain't a box-office powerhouse? Hell no!

I am told by Harry Knowles of aintitcool.com that Arnie will be working for one day soon on THE EXPENDABLES. Chances are, we will know more once Arnie and Avi meet up on set.

http://thearnoldfans.com/news/1446.htm
Back to top Go down
vzd963
Rider of Doom
vzd963

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Conan the King rumor   Conan the King rumor EmptyThu 23 Apr - 9:04

Anyone who saw that recent photo of Arnie sunbathing with his shirt off will know that his muscle-man days are behind him.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Conan the King rumor   Conan the King rumor EmptyThu 23 Apr - 11:53

That wouldn't be a problem if he could really act, something that Rourke absolutely can do... This "creature" would need a good script and a good director to take the best out of Arnold -the strengh of the character, better than the strengh of his body, now he is a mature man and I believe he should explore the strengh of his personality, put it in the eyes, sentences, attitude, presence... much more than in a grandpa muscles exhibition...

Arnold directing himself? I don't like that idea at all. Hire Clint Eastwood for Christ sake!!!!! Mr. Green Now that is a grandpa with two iron balls.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Conan the King rumor   Conan the King rumor EmptyThu 23 Apr - 19:04

Arnold would need alotve steroids and growth hormones to get back into shape. As its going on 2010 already, as much as it pains me to say this..I dont think Arnold can pull off CONAN at this point. I think that is too much of a fanboy wetdream. Back in 2000-02 it was nearly a reality, today I dont know...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conan the King rumor   Conan the King rumor Empty

Back to top Go down

Conan the King rumor
Page 1 of 1