The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN Empty
PostSubject: New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN   New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN EmptyFri 17 Dec - 15:49

Quote :
From arrogant swordsman to cunning rogue, there are many ways that one could describe Conan — the impossibly muscled warrior, not the redheaded talk show host — but it appears that his status as a barbarian is still the favorite descriptor.

Superhero Hype reports that the forthcoming "Conan" reboot has changed its title to "Conan the Barbarian," reflecting the original title of the Arnold Schwarzenegger-starring adaptation. It's a small change for some, sure, but for longtime fans of the property and character, it's a step into previously conquered ground.

"Conan the Barbarian" stars Jason Mamoa as the titular hero, a Cimmerian warrior who vows vengeance upon the nefarious Khalar Singh (Stephen Lang) following the murder of his parents. Ron Perlman co-stars as Conan's father Corin, while Rachel Nichols plays the lead female character Tamara and Rose McGowan occupies the role of an evil witch.

Several production photos from "Conan" have already appeared online, most of them centering on Mamoa as the fearless barbarian. Lang has praised the film's star as "a stud," saying that it "took all my wolf-like wiles to kick his ass" during the movie's many action sequences.

Regarding the film's tone, Lang previously told MTV News: "I think it's in the spirit of [Robert E. Howard's original stories] ... It's got the same kind of lurid quality. The purple prose of Robert E. Howard is really being translated to the screen."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/12/08/conan-reboot-conan-the-barbarian/
Back to top Go down
Taste
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN   New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN EmptySat 18 Dec - 16:27

Hi, I'm good taste. I just signed on to throw up on your movie: puker
Back to top Go down
vzd963
Rider of Doom
vzd963

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN   New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN EmptySat 18 Dec - 17:01

Folks, you know what's going to get quite boring around here?

"This film isn't as good as the old one."
"The music isn't as good as in the old film."
"The sets aren't as good as in the old film."The swords aren't as good as in the old film." "The actors aren't as good as in the old film." "The direction isn't as good as in the old film." "The bad guy isn't as good as in the old film." "The horse Conan rides isn't as good as in the old film." "Conan's boots aren't as nice as in the old film."

See?

Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN   New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN EmptySun 19 Dec - 20:34

Laughing

True.

Maybe the time for complainings is over now. We have already stated our opinion, more than enough.

Maybe we should try to find some good things on this upcoming movie. Hey, maybe, just maybe, 1 or 2 seconds on it are not bad at all. Mr. Green The "Terminator 4" movie was really bad, but still I can say I really enjoyed some selected moments on it (like the start, with the Terminator theme sounding all around the cinema room, or when the Arnold clone appeared on screen). At least the Conan movie has Ron Perlman... I am unsure if he really fits as Conan's father, but I really like the man.

Cromulus The Destroyer wrote:
Quote :

Regarding the film's tone, Lang previously told MTV News: "I think it's in the spirit of [Robert E. Howard's original stories] ... It's got the same kind of lurid quality. The purple prose of Robert E. Howard is really being translated to the screen."

But that is something that truly, still pisses me off. Mad That disgusting way of selling through so obvious lies. I consider this a direct insult to the public.

Who they think they are gonna fool with that? Obviously to people who never read REH and therefore won't notice the difference.

Really, I'm not against the movie itself, but against the people who conceived it and the way for it to be sold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN   New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN Empty

Back to top Go down

New CONAN movie is now CONAN THE BARBARIAN
Page 1 of 1