The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Atlantean a dream come true.

Go down 
+2
nerd alert
Nial
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nial
Pit Fighter
Nial

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-03-11

My Atlantean a dream come true. Empty
PostSubject: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptySat 16 Feb - 16:29

Having been a Conan The Barbarian fanatic since i discovered the books and even more so when i first saw big John epic back in the early 80s i had dreampt of owning the swords from the film. I'd had a cheap father's and then a Marto but never loved them. I was most fortunate to grab a Fable Blades fathers sword some years back and then back last year found a really wonderfully talented fellow sword brother as obsessed as i am who was hand making a few replica father's swords. I had to have one. Then his next project was to be the Atlantean sword. As beautiful as the Martos are i just never liked their over stylized and perfect looks and like many an Albion was just a bit too far out of my price range. Well when my buddy let me in on this project a real Atlantean tempered carbon steel and solid bronze fittings i had to have one. It's making started back last year and what with delivery and uk customs i didn't get it till very late jan this year.
I was knocked out when i first held it it is truly an amazing sword. Until you own and hold a REAL sword you can;t really know how different they feel to the replica's. It has a few minor flaws and inperfections and signs of it's making as expected for a hand made non production run sword but i love these little details that set them apart from all others. The contours of the blade are almost perfect and as i asked for it not to be sharpened for safety reasons the fake edge looks so perfectly sharp you would never know it wasn't. A perfectly wrapped hilt with what i think is far better rope than Albion's swords. Well enough of the talk lets get some pics.
[img]My Atlantean a dream come true. Atfinal5[/img]
[img]My Atlantean a dream come true. Atfinal6[/img][img]My Atlantean a dream come true. Myat2_zps62eb6e87[/img][img]My Atlantean a dream come true. Myat4_zps090b4346[/img]
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptySat 16 Feb - 22:55

Cool Sword
Back to top Go down
Nial
Pit Fighter
Nial

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptySun 17 Feb - 17:27

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptyFri 22 Feb - 5:05

Congrats. Conan
Back to top Go down
Nial
Pit Fighter
Nial

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptyMon 25 Feb - 19:54

Thanks Flaming Turd.
Back to top Go down
Devonborn
Pictish Scout
Devonborn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptyTue 12 Mar - 22:31

Well Done, I love it!
Back to top Go down
Nial
Pit Fighter
Nial

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptyWed 20 Mar - 19:58

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
manue
Pit Fighter
manue

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptyMon 1 Apr - 13:22

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nial
Pit Fighter
Nial

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptyWed 3 Apr - 15:05

This sword was VERY VERY reasonably priced for what it is guys so if there are any of you interested send me a pm with your contact details and i'll pass them on to my friend who made it. He's a top guy,reliable and very accommodating ie finish etc.
Back to top Go down
Excalibur Steel
Pictish Scout
Excalibur Steel

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-04-12

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptyFri 12 Apr - 5:20

Nial, I'm completely new to this forum, so I'm still feeling my way around, but I saw your post here and wanted to say that your Atlantean is a beautiful sword. I, too, have an Atlantean (one of the Albion swords, number 43 of 1000) and the Atlantean has always been one of my all-time favorite sword designs. The Atlantean you have is beautiful and looks very well made. My congratulations to you!
Back to top Go down
Nial
Pit Fighter
Nial

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptyTue 16 Apr - 15:14

Excalibur Steel wrote:
Nial, I'm completely new to this forum, so I'm still feeling my way around, but I saw your post here and wanted to say that your Atlantean is a beautiful sword. I, too, have an Atlantean (one of the Albion swords, number 43 of 1000) and the Atlantean has always been one of my all-time favorite sword designs. The Atlantean you have is beautiful and looks very well made. My congratulations to you!

Hi Excalibur steel it's good to meet you. Thanks! I love it. I have wanted the Conan swords ever since i was 10 years old when the movie first came out and i'm so happy to have this plus my two Father's swords. One made by the same maker as my Atlantean and the other a FableBlades version made with the combined efforts of two guys. It's a very hardy and sold sword,i think would have little trouble with most cutting targets etc.

Congrats to you on your Albion Atlantean plus that gorgeous Discerner you are holding. I love the Boorman film. I have to say i really love the Father';s sword. It just tops the Atlantean for me a tiny bit.

Again really good to have you here my friend and welcome to you.
Back to top Go down
Nial
Pit Fighter
Nial

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. EmptyTue 16 Apr - 15:15

My three.

https://2img.net/h/i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy282/deathdealer-88/myconansword_zps315fec3a.jpg

My Atlantean a dream come true. Myconansword_zps315fec3a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Atlantean a dream come true.   My Atlantean a dream come true. Empty

Back to top Go down

My Atlantean a dream come true.
Page 1 of 1