The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? Empty
PostSubject: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 15:04

Well, we know Arnold was there at this very scene and playing around on set, so am figuring maybe he also took part in the raid, but was edited out. Milius also filmed 2 versions of the Vanir Raid, and mixed up the footage in the finished release print.

I was just curious if its possibility.

Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? ConanA23_08

Looks like his mouth

Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? Arnoldvanirvk1
Back to top Go down
King Sven
Vanir
King Sven

Number of posts : 1579
Localisation : Doom's Temple/Room 7, on the left just after leaving the armoury (But, beware of the Snake !)
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 16:33

It's not impossible, but I've never seen Arnold with a Vanir suit, just with a sweater and a large smile Mr. Green (in particular next to Franco Columbu). Moreover, I think Arnold was also filming a part of the "Search sequence" (for the snow I guess) at that time...

Thorgrim
Back to top Go down
http://www.conancompletist.com/
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 16:51

I am strongly thinking Milius dressed up Arnold and added him to the bunch. The Final version is Thorgrim with a hammer, though theres bad editing left in that scene in the release print, as one second we can see Thorgrim with a sword and next with his hammer, which is a goof. But I think Milius filmed 2 versions of the vanir raid.

Also Columbu seems to have been used in different varients too:

Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? ConA228

Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? ConanA311

*Can see the concept art one here is like the above image, while final movie one isnt.
Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? ColumbuA01

And of course the known images of Arnold on set for his (official?)scene(s):

Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? Retour02
Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? ConanA22_03
Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? ConanA27_03

Last edited by on Mon 22 Oct - 17:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King Sven
Vanir
King Sven

Localisation : Doom's Temple/Room 7, on the left just after leaving the armoury (But, beware of the Snake !)

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 16:55

Quote :
I think Milius dressed up Arnold and added him to the bunch.

Ok, you think, but there is no evidence, no picture. You're maybe right, and maybe you're dreaming being up ! Mr. Green

Thorgrim
Back to top Go down
King Sven
Vanir
King Sven

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 17:02

But I admit your assumption is interesting, really. Too bad we only see a bit of face... Mr. Green

Thorgrim

Last edited by on Mon 22 Oct - 17:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 17:06

Well, I'd say its in my favor, but if you want the exact picture, your gonna have to search for more magazines. study

We know also that Milius was re-dressing actors, like for example Conan Angelo and no doubt others. Wink
Back to top Go down
King Sven
Vanir
King Sven

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 17:10

Yes, no doubt on this. But I'm just surprised Arnold didn't say anything about a cameo during the Vanir raid in his numerous interviews.

You know, I'm a sceptic guy...

Thorgrim
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 17:20

Thats fair, but then again you know how it goes with interviews, sometimes they remembers things, sometimes forget things, sometimes they have it right, sometimes they dont.

My guess is, if it indeed happened, that its just such a minor thing, it wasnt important enough to mention nor even remember.
Back to top Go down
King Sven
Vanir
King Sven

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 17:26

As I see, when you have an idea you don't give up... and I say : bring me The proof. What, me, Thomas the Apostle..... !? Laughing

Proto, Mighty, Chrysa, what do you think about this possible cameo of Arnold ? Come on, guys ! Don't be shy... Mr. Green

Thorgrim
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 17:45

King Sven wrote:
As I see, when you have an idea you don't give up... and I say : bring me The proof. What, me, Thomas the Apostle..... !? Laughing

Of course not, I was under the impression thats why I am here and was asked to help out with this site. Conan
Back to top Go down
Chrysagon
Vanir
Chrysagon

Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2005-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 19:47

My answer is that it could be him. But without more information we can't tell more. Strange that they didn't mention it in the DVD commentary if it is right.
Back to top Go down
http://chrysagon.free.fr
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2005-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? EmptyMon 22 Oct - 21:39

I think that's not Arnold. Why would he be dressed up like a Vanir ? For the joke ? Because they were short of extras when shooting the riders charge ? Nah....

I don't see Arnold doing that. He was the main star of the movie.

Good catch with the pants/no pants Pictish scout, though... Most probably, poor Columbu was freezing his ass off in the snow, and asked for some extra pants... and blue gloves! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?   Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider? Empty

Back to top Go down

Arnold as the mysterious masked Vanir Raider?
Page 1 of 1