The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!

Go down 
+3
Flaming Turd
Cromulus The Destroyer
MightyMcT
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

Number of posts : 16130
Registration date : 2004-12-15

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! Empty
PostSubject: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 0:04

Here we go:

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! Conan_D06_072

king
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 0:16

Yeah...but without Milius, I think this movie will turn out to be a dud. The use of Atlantean better be adequately explained and not just there for no good reason other than character recognition and pre-hype.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 0:18

Shocked

But is it finally a remake?? And if it is, tristme WHY are they doing THAT???
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 0:30

Supposedly its not a direct remake from what I been reading, also they want an unknown for the role. I wouldn't be surprised if its a known wrestler, I doubt they want somebody with a Germanic accent nobody could understand nor a direct Arnold clone, but who knows. I surmise it will be PG-13, with a unrated Director's Cut DVD. Rolling Eyes Wink

I hear bad things about that "Solomon Kane" movie, so this movie may dictate the faith of CONAN.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 0:51

My faith about it doesn't exist. Embarassed

I can't trust them Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 1:01

A part of me wants to have faith but doesn't. If they can somehow get Milius back, then fine, but this doesn't seem likely and they most likely will want a lot've humor(Scorpion King campy style). I was thinking maybe Stallone would make a good writer/director..but thats doubtful. rambo

The new GI JOE sounds like crap too, they turned US Special Forces into Interpol..am starting to get a Street Fighter movie vibe. Shit

BTW:

This teaser poster looked modeled after this famous Arnold pose and poster:
Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! Conan_D01_030

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! Conand06036me1
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 1:32

Also seems like CONAN will be competing against TERMINATOR, provided CONAN is also a summer release(figure May/June or July).

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=20443

Also James Cameron's Avatar should be released by May 2009.

I doubt it will be ready by April 2009, so Conan will probably get pushed back to late August or December which arent really good time slots most of the time, also with all the latest Sword movies duding out, CONAN's chances are slim. The writer/Directr and stars are gonna have to be really spectacular for this movie to get me enthusiastic and be A grade film worth a shot .
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2005-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 8:57

You guys just sound like a bunch of old ladies from conan.com !!! Laughing

This TEASER poster is looking fucking great, and that's all I have to say about it !!! viking

Just bow to the John Milius film like Conan does on the poster Cool and everything is gonna be find ! Have faith !!! And if we get crap at the end of the day, then to the hell with them !!! rambo
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 12:54

Well it will take more than a Milius' CONAN THE BARBARIAN take-off poster to get me excited. Dont know, getting "kid friendly" Conan feelings with a company that wants to sell merchandise geared towards younglings . Evil or Very Mad Laughing

I place the budget at 50-80 million, if its good, then it will probably break even, give or take..also PG-13 rating increases its chances of a larger audience(which am sure the company will take advantage unless they have balls and take a chance on a hard R) as I was saying above there.

Should hear more about this movie soon, maybe its team will be good and make me change my mind, but so far this man below, isnt impressed:

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! Heston-TrueLies59
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 17:40

Einar wrote:
You guys just sound like a bunch of old ladies from conan.com !!! Laughing

Laughing

Yeah, there comes the rebel viking. Mr. Green

C'mon let's be serious. The basic problem is that fuck of course the poster is cool but it is because I put all my imagination in how the movie would be. Then, when i watch the real movie, how far the good things I imagined will be from the real filmed crap? A lot. tristme

Mad I just don't want to be frustrated. Shit

It would be so nice Milius making it, or any other with balls and intelligence. But who the fuck writtes good scripts for fantasy movies today? Noone. They are all fx and image, but nothing behind that. And Milius Conan was everything about subtexts.

Ok, a "300"-like Conan would look amazing, but... Don't you would need something else? What made great the milius movie was not only the battles. It was the script and the story itself.

Evil or Very Mad Poo.

Quote :
also PG-13 rating increases its chances of a larger audience

I hope they are not that silly, man, because they would be killing the movie before it is aired.

But it's clever to be afraid of that, as they work that way. They did it with the tv series... And with Kull...

Evil or Very Mad Man It just make me angry. It happened with "Aliens vs Predator", it could have been so amazing -like the videogame was- and they just made a nonsense. And why? I'm still trying to understand the reasons they prefer to make such silly movies than quality ones.

I guess it's a matter of time -therefore money tristme like allways-. It takes more than a single year to prepare a really good movie. But... waitaminute... "Next-Gen-Conan" is going to be filmed in 2008-2009... They have time enough to work on a quality thing... SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH THEM??? Laughing

Teens make money. That's a fact. Therefore, "Next-ge-Conan" will be a movie for teens, even if it's rated pg-18. It's the way the world goes and it's a fact we can't change that. It doesn't mean we like it. I don't.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 18:57

True, what I will be missing also is the atmosphere of CTB, and of course the score by Basil Poledouris. I fear this movie will have generic soundtrack even if they get some big name like Zimmer or Elfman, it will no doubt contain recycled cues and shit from their previous scores.

300 was a CGI fest, wasnt impressed with its style, it was basically a cartoon comic book which I assume was the point, which the new Beowulf is completely an animation .
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 23:04

I think we just have to deal with the fact Milius won't do the next Conan film, period. Anyway, did he make any other masterpieces after Conan ? I don't think so... I hate to say this, but maybe it's a good thing that he won't make the next Conan... Maybe he has lost the magic touch ? Basil is dead now... Would Cobb have worked again with Milius ? We don't know. Arnold did not seem eager to work with him, for all we know... A good script is a necessity, that's common sense, and we all know how good a storyteller Milius is. But can he still direct a movie as good as the first Conan ? I am left wondering whether he still can... Did Red Dawn or Farewell to the King or Flight of the Intruder (I did not see his most recent efforts) match Conan The Barbarian in quality and greatness, and completion ? As far as I am concerned, neither did. For me, Milius never did a greater film since 1982 ! So why not let someone else catch the ball and see what happens ? Aren't there anymore talented and gifted filmmakers in Hollywood ? I hope you don't answer "no" to this question.
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 23:31

Cromulus, Im pretty sure you already saw the great John Rambo trailers they (Millennium Films) did, right ? So I say: let's see what these guys can come up with Conan ! Let's give them a chance !
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 23:40

1984's Red Dawn probably edges out Conan in some ways to be honest. Milius is often sometimes high winded, but otherwise he was indeed honest and black-listed by hollywood for much of his career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzCtjFL84Gw

Arnold was more than happy to make Conan-light with Richard Fliescher and seemed to associated himself more and more with the Terminator franchise, directly after T2(1991), which was such a major success for not only him but also Jim Cameron.

James Cameron became one of these mega-celebrity Directors in the vein of Spielberg ect which in the 90's to the present often out weigh actors. Arnold went on making half-assed comedies and Terminatoresque characters and no doubt because of his wife, who wanted him to water down his work and he wanted to work with A+ Directors even if their scripts were shit.

This movie has to be rated R, needs a good writer/director and a worthy actor and cast along with score. Conan is acknowledged as a milestone in film history and has its own fan base. Many filmmakers often copy the Conan movie and yet never officially acknowledge this.

The bottom line is that I dont want them to insult memory or spirit of the movie nor brush it aside like it never existed, or just take advantage of it. Remakes are often un-needed and complete shit. Yes, I realize this character has life outside the movie, but thats even all the more reason to have respect for the movie, because it re-boosted fan-base and life into the entire franchise and is today more remembered as a movie than a comic.. or obscure pulp story.

Last edited by on Sat 3 Nov - 23:47; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 23:43

Einar wrote:
Cromulus, Im pretty sure you already saw the great John Rambo trailers they (Millennium Films) did, right ? So I say: let's see what these guys can come up with Conan ! Let's give them a chance !

Actually yes, but thats not a sure thing. I was saying on IMDB and even to MightymcT, that maybe Stallone should write or direct CONAN.

"A warrior will come"...rambo

http://movies.go.com/movie_trailers

The more brutal trailers are on youtube somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySat 3 Nov - 23:56

Cromulus The Destroyer wrote:
to have respect for the movie

But isn't that exactly what they're just doing with the inclusion of the Atlantean sword on the teaser poster ? Now youve got me confused: you want respect to Milius, but you seem to dislike the Atlantean use on the poster ? Or did I get something wrong ? scratch
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:01

Stallone would (and should) NEVER do a Conan movie. It's a project way too associated with Arnold.

Though the opening scene of one the John Rambo trailers reminded me a lot of the forging of the Father's sword sequence ! Laughing

Stallone has Rocky and Rambo, Arnold has Conan and Terminator. That's it. Stallone would never play the Terminator... other than for the joke, like in Last Action Hero Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:07

Dan tells me in my ear that Rambo 2 also borrowed a scene from Conan, when his girl just dies in his arms and he takes her jade necklace off her neck and wears it and goes on what the movie advertisements refer to as a "roaring rampage of revenge." Mr. Green

Last edited by on Sun 4 Nov - 0:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:09

Einar wrote:
to have respect for the movie

But isn't that exactly what they're just doing with the inclusion of the Atlantean sword on the teaser poster ? Now youve got me confused: you want respect to Milius, but you seem to dislike the Atlantean use on the poster ? Or did I get something wrong ? scratch

The use of the Atlantean can be either one 1) A homage to the movie and actually be used or 2) Cheap marketing scheme. The producers have done nothing other than go on the record and claim this movie will have nothing to do with the Conan movie but instead be closer to RE Howards works. So you tell me why the sword is there? Sure maybe they changed their minds. Rolling Eyes Wink

BTW the CONAN.com people who blast the movie, but use some of the movie designs and even Atlantean has been used on non-movie related CONAN media, like busts, comics and games ect.

So I am supicous and not easily amused.

Last edited by on Sun 4 Nov - 0:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:13

The producers have done nothing other than go on the record and claim this movie movie will have nothing to do with the Conan movie but instead be closer to RE Howards works.

I believe they just want to dissociate themselves from Arnold, as they surely won't get him for the job Laughing, rather than really dissociate themselves from Milius...
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:18

The producers have done nothing other than go on the record and claim this movie movie will have nothing to do with the Conan movie

Did they actually said that in some official statement ? Or is it only hearsay, or old news coming from the time when the movie was still developped at Warners, after Milius was let go ?
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:23

Einar wrote:
Stallone would (and should) NEVER do a Conan movie. It's a project way too associated with Arnold.

Stallone was considered for the role of Conan, Cinefantasque went so far to say he was a "back up Conan". I know he worked with Milius to varying degrees over the decades. Stallone was also fan of comic book heroes and the Italian made Steve Reeves films, which also influenced Milius and the Conan movie even.

I think he wouldve made an excellent Windsor-Smith version of Conan. Though he's older now, but could see him as director and writer.

Well, maybe we can look forward to an Arnold cameo, rather like this one?!

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! Arnold_schwarzenegger--around_the_world_in_80_days
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:27

Its sad to say, but Stallone's face now looks like Elephant Man

And what cameo role could they possibly give to Arnold in a Conan movie ? Conan's father ? or maybe Kull ? Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:27

Nah, I don't think they have the rights to use the Kull character... my bad! Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:30

Cromulus, this is terribly embarrassing:

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! Arnold_schwarzenegger--around_the_world_in_80_days

You shouldn't post a photo like that in a true Conan fans message board like this one!!! Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

You know better than that !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next