The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!

Go down 
+3
Flaming Turd
Cromulus The Destroyer
MightyMcT
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:31

Einar wrote:
Did they actually said that in some official statement ?

Its from the very source of the Poster:

Quote :
ComingSoon.net has your first look at teaser posters for Millennium Films' new Conan movie, based on Robert E. Howard's mythical conqueror Conan the Barbarian. The company said earlier this year that the new version will be more faithful to Howard's original creation than were the Arnold Schwarzenegger films.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=38941

However Paradox pretty much has always maintained this since they bought up the rights, least for official public relation purposes.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Nov - 0:33

Einar wrote:
Cromulus, this is terribly embarrassing

Oh Einar, you know you like it as much as Biel & Dan..Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 Arnoldbeforeandafter
Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 Arnold
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Nov - 1:06

On a side note, that teaser poster is looking like Triple H's body, and maybe Blondish hair?(well the hair tint could be lighting,lol)

Did anybody catch Wrestlemania 22 from back in April 2, 2006 btw?

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 NDVD_009

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 NDVD_016

maybe Milius had his way afterall? Conan
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2005-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Nov - 12:15

Cromulus The Destroyer wrote:
I know Stallone worked with Milius to varying degrees over the decades.

Did he ? Can you tell us more ? scratch

Surely Milius could have made a great Rambo movie... rambo
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Nov - 15:32

From what I recall, it was mainly on tentative and abortive projects though. I read something about them working together on a "Red River" remake some years back..but thats outve memory and I could be mistaken.
Back to top Go down
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

Number of posts : 16130
Registration date : 2004-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Nov - 18:05

Back in april 1996, I remember reading in some trade magazines that Stallone was briefly associated with Milius for another western project, called Wanted: Dead or Alive, about a half-white half-Apache ex-Marine bounty hunter (the role Stallone was interested in, I guess?) teaming up with a black soldier to recover the missing prize horse of a rich American's mistress stolen by a renegade Apache. That one could have been great! The project was later resurrected around 2002, with Mike Newell attached to direct, but Stallone was no longer linked...
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: CONAN remake   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Nov - 18:13

I hope the CONAN remake isn't going to be rubbish. I will be diserpointed if it will.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Nov - 19:33

I think this dude from "Chronicles of Riddick" seen at 1:54 here would've made for a good CONAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0wCoyP9GFs

Bulk him up a bit more .
Back to top Go down
axerules
Rider of Doom
axerules

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Nov - 19:23

Einar wrote:
You guys just sound like a bunch of old ladies from conan.com !!! Laughing
Hey Einar, I'm not a lady (nor so old) !

I know that several people here complained and wrote that Conan.com members were not friendly with CtB fans: it may be sometimes true.
Some people from Conan.com are not enough tolerant to accept different tastes, but please don't generalize.
I am a member of the REH forum AND of Conan Completist and happy to be in both boards. Cool

BTW, I'll probably sound like an "old lady" Wink or very pessimistic now.

IMHO after the GREAT CtB movie, the sequels or related films (CtD, Red Sonja, Kull) were crap. I will see the new movie if they release it in 2009 (don't forget that shooting has not even begun !), but with very few expectancies: if, for once, they succeed in doing something nice (Millius did, even if his movie was not faithful to REH), it will be a pleasant surprise. I'm crossing my fingers, but I don't hope to much.

Last edited by on Thu 8 Nov - 19:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nemedie.free.fr/site/
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Nov - 19:26

Good post there Axe!

I was actually banned from CONAN.com for just being a CONAN movie fan and stuck up for the movie, Milius and Arnold against a lotve bashing & slander coming from many members( I think they were using sock accounts anyway), they also treated the movie fans like shit back then, dont know if things changed now or not. I was one of the original members too and I was banned by a moderator for not complying to the collective,LOL. Maybe some will remember me as Crom's Warrior over there? HAHA
Back to top Go down
axerules
Rider of Doom
axerules

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Nov - 19:40

Thanks Cromulus/Crom's Warrior. thumleft
I'll look after your posts there: did they really banned you just for being a Millius fan ? If it is so, it really sucks. Evil or Very Mad
I'm not active in forums since a long time, nether here nor there and I didn't read ALL the old topics.
Hey, not so long ago even one of the administrators posted that he LIKED CtB. And he's in charge of "banning" people ! When were you expelled ?
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Nov - 19:46

There's some new active member there now, using my old nic, but here's me

http://www.conan.com/invboard/index.php?showuser=144

I was banned back in 2003..and havent truly looked back since.

* On aside note, I came close to joining the US Military twice in 5 years, kinda regret not going sometimes.. rambo

Last edited by on Thu 8 Nov - 20:34; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
axerules
Rider of Doom
axerules

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Nov - 20:33

A lot of people are still bashing the Millius movie but IMO you wouldn't be banned for saying that you like it now. You have to be prepared to face a lot of "anti-Millius" comments if you sing his praises.

But some people are posting about CtB related stuff (less than here, in the excellent Conan Completist thumleft , of course).
There's a thread with links to CtB music partitions . A guy put them online (for piano).
Another has people trying to translate "Riders of Doom" words from latin (an old topic where you were active, still alive in september 2007). And a few others.

BTW, I looked at some of your old posts, I don't agree with everything you wrote, but have seen nothing that deserved an expulsion IMO.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Nov - 20:52

I would'nt go back there even of they paid me to. foufou besides I battle them on IMDB.com still on occasion Wink

Theres two links online with translations of both the "Riders of Doom" and "The Kitchen". I think MightymcT has them around still, I deleted them or lost them a while back.

Its cool to see you around here, Axe. You seem like a level headed person, read some of your posts over there too. I am an REH and general CONAN fan, but just not a fanatical one or into the whole "worship" thing..which even got me in some heat with the theArnoldfans.com crew because I didnt worship the ground Arnold threaded upon and his every move,lol.

This movie really captured and portrayed all that I liked about Kull, Conan and Howard's Hyborian Age, and added a more realistic and ancient look and feel imo.
Back to top Go down
axerules
Rider of Doom
axerules

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Nov - 16:51

Thanks, Cromulus. Cool

You also seem to be a knowledgeable person: your "Art symbolism" thread as well as your "Aryan" explanation were brilliant. You're probably as much an "history geek" as I am.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Nov - 22:44

Did anybody see this from the last Comic Con? Apparently CONAN dyes his hair.. Shocked Mr. Green

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1193/916447273_c67e995255_b.jpg
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Nov - 1:38

This Paul Sloan guy looks the part of a Frazetta CONAN or make for a excellent Frank Castiglione aka THE PUNISHER:
Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 Dis01
Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 Dis06

He's in this upcoming movie called Stiletto. I never seen him act, but if they bulk him up more could work quite good. However it will boil down to Direction and Storyline. Just wish Milius was back on board, its the only way I personally can trust a new movie, or until being proved otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Feb - 15:16

Yesterday I saw the last movie of the Coen brothers.

Javier Bardem looked really like a neanderthal. Years ago in the mail of some spanish edition of King Kull comics, they commented Bardem would have been way better than Sorbo in the role of the incoming movie.

In the Coens' movie, he looks really buffed. Not in a wrestler or bodybuilder kind of way, but no doubt he can kill a mule with a hand.

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/09/25/no-country-red-band.jpg

http://hissip.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/javier-bardem.jpg

http://www.elmulticine.com/imagenes/noticias/javier-bardem-2.jpg

Beyond the physical, he is a good as hell professional. Each role he plays in a movie, he looks like a different person. (He goes to my acting school to practice and prepare some roles for his movies).
Back to top Go down
Einardiño
Pit Fighter
Einardiño

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Feb - 17:58

Forget about it ! Bardem said he doesn't want to appear in big-budgeted summer movies from Hollywood, so theres absolutely no chance to see him as King Kull or Conan ! rabbit
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Feb - 18:57

At first I thought, no way, but then I started to think about it.... I can see it now. Good catch.

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 Dsc_6501conancloseupOfficial teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 Javier-bardem-2
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Feb - 19:58

That Javier dude looks like Mr. Milo from "The Last Boy Scout", lol. Better off with Sloan, as he looks like the spitting image of a Frazetta piece, he just needs more bulk mass...and maybe get Stallone as writer/director if not Milius.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Feb - 3:09

Some more images of Bardem

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 61851761su0

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 Perdita10xb6

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 60751298md7

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 26133638rv0

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 Javierbardemez7

I still think the main reason to choose an actor for a play role is beyond the physical looking, that allways can be manipulated. Edward Norton for example changes his physical looking for each movie. Same with Christian Bale, etc.

Bardem has gone fat, like here:

http://www.reelingreviews.com/mondaysinthesunpic.jpg

And he also played the role of a paralitic who has been decades in bed:

http://estb.msn.com/i/4E/1027D63C1381B11AADAA210DF8856.jpg

The important thing is to get the spirit and essence of the character, the rest is only superficial and is better a good performance than a "perfect looking" dude who can't act. The magic of performance is making the audience believe the persons they are watching really had that life and really can do the things they do. That is what is important. If not, it's only make up and effects and that is not really working.
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Feb - 4:19

I think after seeing the last one (something about old men...) He did play the stoic angry guy well.

A little make up, some time in the gym, and given only the essential lines... it could work. He's the first one I have seen that I could actually picture playing the part. Its all about bone structure. Muscles can be added. (Look at the "the 300 workout" clips on youtube) Conan isn't going to be giving longwinded romantic rants, but, rather, I see grim stoic lines delivered at length with calm dread. That would work for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!   Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official teaser poster for CONAN revealed!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2