The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Conan's alternate TV version footage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

Number of posts : 16130
Registration date : 2004-12-15

Conan's alternate TV version footage Empty
PostSubject: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptySat 17 Mar - 11:35

Brad "Baradagi" Thompson sent us this youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scOu7zxmyjg

Here is his comments:

Quote :
I went ahead and uploaded the alternate footage used in the Sci-Fi Channel version of Conan. Thought you might enjoy that... This heavily edited version aired back in December last year, and those were the only additional shots inserted into the film I noticed after comparing it to the actual film. Another tv station, AMC, has shown Conan but with nothing new inserted. They just blurred out the nudity and left most of the violence in.

-Brad

Admin
Protoplasme

Number of posts : 14916
Registration date : 2004-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptySat 17 Mar - 13:56

Oddly enough, the shot where people are looking at Conan and the slave girl through the bars is reversed (horizontally flipped).

Here is the original version of the shot, for comparison's sake:

Conan's alternate TV version footage Bild7

http://www.conancompletist.com
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyTue 18 Sep - 10:57

Brad recently uploaded two new clips (from the japanese-dubbed version of Conan):

Schwarzenegger dubbed in Japanese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eiboz9XeNc

James Earl Jones dubbed in Japanese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnUzb7kVa8E

Mr. Green

Vanir
King Sven

Number of posts : 1579
Localisation : Doom's Temple/Room 7, on the left just after leaving the armoury (But, beware of the Snake !)
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyTue 18 Sep - 14:00

It sounds like a japanime, very strange ! Mr. Green

Thorgrim
Back to top Go down
http://www.conancompletist.com/
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyWed 19 Sep - 23:36

Wish they would play the lion and grappling hook footage, this way I know for sure that its not a figment of my imagination.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: CONAN edited ITV version   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyThu 18 Oct - 22:30

I used to have a video recording of a cut version of CONAN THE BARBARIAN my father taped a long time ago, until i bought the uncut DVD a couple of months ago. The scenes ITV cut out were:

1) The opening narration with Mako
2) The death of Conan's father
3) Conan biting the vulcher in the neck on the tree of woe
4) Valeria beheading one of Thulsa Doom's guards in the Orgy Chamber battle
5) Conan telling Subotai about the good days
6) Conan beheading Thulsa Doom
7) Mako's closing narration ''This story shall also be told''

In the old days, ITV were edited and censor movies especially violent scenes, foul language and trim the film's runtime for schedule.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyThu 18 Oct - 22:32

Brad's footage was taken off of youtube for violation?! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: ITV censorship   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyThu 18 Oct - 22:33

ITV censored a lot of movie, ITV was a responsible television network, they also censored and edited films like: COMMANDO, PREDATOR, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.
I remeber when THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK was on ITV a long time ago,
they cut out the scene where Luke cuts off the snow monster's arm. It made you think Luke killed it, but in the special edition, it revealed Luke didn't kill it and just wounded it but chopping off it's arm.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyThu 18 Oct - 22:36

Dan where are you from Britain?

I dont understand Europe, I always hear of all the sexually explicit regular TV supposedly, yet they censor movies left and right. I don't get it. scratch
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: NZ   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyThu 18 Oct - 22:49

I used to be from Britain, i live in New Zealand, i first moved to NZ in 1995.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: ITV changed   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyThu 18 Oct - 22:52

Not just ITV, the BBC also did it. That was a long time ago. British television has changed a lot these days. In NZ, all tv programs and films are uncut, some movies were edited for censorship.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Missing Narration   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyTue 23 Oct - 3:48

What i don't understand is, why ITV removed Mako's narration in the opening credits and the final scene of the film where Conan sits the throne as King.
They should have kept it in. It's part of the film.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: TOTAL RECALL   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyTue 23 Oct - 3:53

When i first saw TOTAL RECALL, Arnold's ultra-violent sci-fi thriller, ITV showed the movie uncut, the violent scenes, gore and bad language were not censored and edited.
Still, TOTAL RECALL is one of Arnold's best movies.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyTue 23 Oct - 4:00

Mighty or Protoplasme, do we have stills from Brad's footage saved?
Back to top Go down
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyWed 24 Oct - 10:47

Yep! king

Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_01 Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_02 Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_03 Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_04

Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_05 Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_07 Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_08 Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_09

Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_10 Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_11 Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_12 Conan's alternate TV version footage Vscifi_13

And here's one GREAT deleted shot, which was not used in the Sci-Fi Channel TV version, nor in any other known version:

Conan's alternate TV version footage Vconan_D03_010

Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyWed 24 Oct - 11:08

I wonder if Milius used his own edits or 2nd or 3rd units for the released print?

Every once in while you can see alternate angles of the same scene being used as different parts,lol. One funny one is when they start handing out the robes during the Mountain of Power scene, in the crowd behind the tent, is Arnold walking, the same exact scene we also saw, but with the close up on him. So we're seeing the same thing twice,lol.

Not seeing good shots of Thulsa's death was very cheap indeed. Also we're lead to believe with the editing only Conan lifted the cauldron, when Subotai helping is nearly unrecognizable in the finished print. To me this ruins the scene and is fooling the audience.. it shouldve been both shown, or Milius should not had Subotai there. It now makes me see Conan as weaker.

The editing is CTB annoys the hell outve me.
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2005-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyWed 24 Oct - 19:07

I like the headless Thulsa Doom's body rolling down the stairs ! That's wild ! And the severed head deleted shot is gruesome ! Probably too much for the MPAA ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Commando   Conan's alternate TV version footage EmptyWed 24 Oct - 20:13

CONAN wasn't the only Arnold movie to be edited and censored. ITV also did the same to another classic Arnold movie COMMANDO.

1) Most of the ''Motherf*****'' words were removed

2) Cooke's death

3) Matrix breaking a guard's neck

4) Matrix sneaking up and taking out some guards

5) The Toolshed sequence where Matrix slices off half of a soldier's skull,
stabs a soldier in the groin with a axe and chopping off a soldier's arm

6) The Knife fight between Matrix and Bennett

7) Bennett's death was shortened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conan's alternate TV version footage   Conan's alternate TV version footage Empty

Back to top Go down

Conan's alternate TV version footage
Page 1 of 1