The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wheel of Pain Pendant

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Fan
Anonymous

Wheel of Pain Pendant Empty
PostSubject: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptyFri 25 Apr - 2:24

Anyone know what happened to the ACTUAL leather wheel of pain pendant in the movie? Also, where I could get one (tried to make one, didn't work out too well) :)

thanks
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptyFri 25 Apr - 17:40

Big Fan wrote:
Anyone know what happened to the ACTUAL leather wheel of pain pendant in the movie?

... Conan threw it away and change it by the Eye of the Serpent as a souvenir of the death of Valeria. Can't believe you needed to ask that, you "Big Fan". Mr. Green

All right there's a guy here in the forum that already makes props by himself. He made a great looking wheel of pain pendant, among other stuff. You should contact him.
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptyFri 25 Apr - 19:07

Yea, I believe Nexus made a nice one, but it looked a little thick to me. I bought someones a while back, but I think the original prop is either lost or in a private collection of someone who is not a very big fan. I'm sure that the cast packed off a lot that we would kill for.

The one I bought is not very accurate now that I have seen Nexus's write up. I tried my hand at it a long time ago, but I'm never happy with my own work. Shit

Last edited by AOster on Sat 26 Apr - 1:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Fan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptyFri 25 Apr - 19:55

What are your feelings on the metal ones they make? I finally found some on ebay.

(Would really want a leather one though, so if anyone wants to hook me up, I'd pay handsomly for it)
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptyFri 25 Apr - 21:07

Well, since they don't look anything like the original, i don't really like them. Maybe as a novelty piece, but not as a replica. Here is mine:

https://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Osterberg/conan/?action=view&current=1b8d7f7f.jpg
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptySat 26 Apr - 0:54

Here's mine: (CLICK).

The hardest part about making this piece, is that you have to be able to find a branch (of the appropriate size) that will bend into a circle. I had A LOT of failures before I got one that would work. I've made a total of 3 of these, but it's not easy to do (i.e., finding "cooperative" parts).
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptySat 26 Apr - 0:58

Big Fan wrote:
What are your feelings on the metal ones they make? I finally found some on ebay.
I think they have a lot of nerve even calling those "Conan Wheel of Pain Pendants". They only VAGUELY resemble the screen-used piece (& that's being nice). I give them a thumbs-down.
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptySun 27 Apr - 3:53

Hey Nexus, i was looking at the screen shots on your thread, and I noticed that the screen shot of conan on the tree eating the bird and the one with Valeria putting his sword on his back look a little different. Almost looks like the second one is lacking the leather wraps the first one has. Did you notice anything like that when researching?

I really need to sell mine and try my hand again...
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptySun 27 Apr - 5:55

AOster wrote:
Hey Nexus, i was looking at the screen shots on your thread, and I noticed that the screen shot of conan on the tree eating the bird and the one with Valeria putting his sword on his back look a little different. Almost looks like the second one is lacking the leather wraps the first one has. Did you notice anything like that when researching?

I really need to sell mine and try my hand again...
It's possible that one Conan is wearing, prior to the assault on the Orgy Chamber, is different, but it appears to be a trick of the light. Here's a screencap from the same scene, just a few seconds earlier:

Wheel of Pain Pendant Csc24wn5

You can see the wrapping on the 'X' a little better in ^THIS^ one.

The only reason I even capped the shot that you referenced, is because it was the only one I could find that showed the little ring that attaches the pendant to the neck-strap.

But anyway, I preferred to make mine look like the one that he wore for 98% of the pendant's screen-time...

Anyway, good discussion!
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptySun 27 Apr - 6:03

Awesome, it just kind of surprised me. Mine has a thin leather wrap and actually a metal (though painted) ring for the diameter. I used wisteria tree branch once, as its pliable when green but hardens as it dries. Fun project and I'm sure many have made a good deal of them in an attempt to get it right!
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant EmptyMon 12 May - 23:19

I have the marto release version, which is pretty nice, goes good with my swords. I hope they release the Destroyer pendant, which was very Casaro Poster accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel of Pain Pendant   Wheel of Pain Pendant Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheel of Pain Pendant
Page 1 of 1