The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan
Anonymous

DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE Empty
PostSubject: DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 3:44

Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 3:48

As this thread has no purpose, I'll take the opportunity to flood it with pictures....

DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE Trustbn4
DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE 254843122_7876e4c4de
DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE Bluffrj8
DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE Motivator7092666zk4
DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE Pantsoptionalef2
DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE Powerqa8
DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE Prophecygf2
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Dandarr = Futuristic Conan   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 3:51

DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE is my idea for a new cartoon show. I think people will dismiss it as a rip-off of CONAN. It's a futuristic version of CONAN. It's about a mighty space warrior who battles a evil Cyborg warlord who wiped out his race in a galactic war and destroyed his planet...
My idea is on Imagine Casting.
Check it out!!

Thorgrim Cool
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

PostSubject: Re: DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 4:31

Great. so what does this have to do with Conan the Barbarian?
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Dandarr Conan   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 4:39

Nothing. Dandarr comes from different sources. I think CONAN may have had influence over Dandarr. The second villan Dandarr also fights besides Ogata Borg, Seska, queen of the Ice planet Thungar is based on Princess Aura from FLASH GORDON. Because Seska has a strong attraction towards Dandarr and wants Dandarr to join her side and rule the galaxy with her.
Dandarr's planet is called Barbaria.
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

PostSubject: Re: DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 5:26

I'd try a more original approach to founding your own story. Abandon all you know and start from scratch. Basing anything on someone else's idea is a thin line between originality and plagiarism.
Back to top Go down
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

Number of posts : 16130
Registration date : 2004-12-15

PostSubject: Re: DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 8:52

Dan, I think I understand why some of your messages are empty: that's because you posted a link without being a registered member. See, guests are not allowed to post links in their messages (that's one way of protecting the forum from spamming, but there are others...). So, every time you'll post a new message with only a link as text, your message will show up completely empty and Crom, strong on his mountain, will laugh at you and cast you out of Valhalla! My advice to you is, if and when you want to post a link (as a guest) on this forum, select the link with your mouse and then click on the "Code" button (and not the "Link" button). That way, the link will show up in your message when you send it. And that's the only way.

Wink

EDIT: And, please, do try to focus on CONAN! This is "The Conan Completist Forum", not "The Dandarr Completist Forum"! :/

Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 11:44

Whatever happened to Dandarr of the Past or Dandarr of the Present? scratch Dandruff of Barbaria I believe would pound down Dandarr in a straight up battle on the cloud city.

Dandarr is below Thundarr, he's gotta work on the meat for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Dandarr comes from a different universe.   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 18:35

Dandarr does not come from the STAR WARS galaxy. Dandarr, Ogata Borg, Queen Seska and the other characters that i created on Imagine Casting all come from a different universe. DANDARR is set in the far future.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: For the Record...   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 18:39

I know this a CONAN forum. I am telling everyone about my concept for a futuristic barbarian series that people may think is a rip-off of CONAN. Please, don't take too seriously. On Imagine Casting i've come up with a lot of ideas for new TV programs. I just thought it would be intresting to everyone.

scratch shifty Neutral
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: DANDARR possible CONAN connections.   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyThu 2 Oct - 18:47

DANDARR = CONAN
THE BARBARIONS = THE CIMMERIANS
BARBARIA = CIMMERIA
OGATA BORG = THULSA DOOM
THE BLADE BLASTER, DANDARR'S MYSTERIOUS WEAPON = THE ATLANTIAN SWORD
QUEEN SESKA = QUEEN TARAMIS
ATRIX THE 10000 YEAR OLD SORCERER = AKIRO THE WIZARD
PRINCESS LOR-LAA, SESKA'S ADOPTED DAUGHTER = PRINCESS JENHA
OODIE, ATRIX'S LOYAL AND COWARDLY ROBOT = MAREK
MASTER LASERBOWMAN PRINCE GALADAN = SUBOTAI
THE ZARBOTS = THULSA DOOM'S EVIL WARRIORS OF THE SNAKE CULT
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: What i came up with   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyFri 3 Oct - 2:11

Those are the Conan connections i could think of...

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Connections   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE EmptyFri 3 Oct - 2:19

Like i said, DANDARR comes from different sources. I think the 1980 film FLASH GORDON may had also had influence and STAR WARS may have too. As i mentioned, Queen Seska was based on Princess Aura. Dandarr's sidekick, space pilot Tan Altor is in-part based on Han Solo. On the website, i cast some well-known actors as the voices of the main characters: Paul Telfer as the voice of Dandarr, Clancy Brown as the voice of Tan Altor, Lucy Lawless as the voice of Queen Seska, Caroline Munro as Queen Tella, Ian Abercrombie as the voice of Atrix and Kristin Kreuk as Princess Lor-Laa...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE   DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE Empty

Back to top Go down

DANDARR: BARBARIAN OF THE FUTURE
Page 1 of 1