The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Movie Teaser Trailer!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikolaus38
Pictish Scout
Nikolaus38

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-04-23

New Movie Teaser Trailer! Empty
PostSubject: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! EmptySat 12 Mar - 1:10

Teaser Trailer from the new Movie hope you like it!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809953260/video/24490513
Back to top Go down
soyfriki
Turanian War Officer
soyfriki

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-06-07

PostSubject: Re: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! EmptySat 12 Mar - 15:45

Nikolaus38 wrote:
Teaser Trailer from the new Movie hope you like it!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809953260/video/24490513

The only redeeming thing in this is Momoa´s voice.

And Milius should sue them for using the logo of his movie. Lame.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! EmptyTue 22 Mar - 7:49

It's on youtube.

This is a CONAN FOR THE LADIES.

"I live, I love, I slay"...... (and the fat unsatisfied ladies sight!) puker
Back to top Go down
axerules
Rider of Doom
axerules

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! EmptySat 26 Mar - 2:52

Flaming Turd wrote:

"I live, I love, I slay"......
It is from Howard's story Queen of the Black Coast.

Quote :
"I have known many gods. He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply. I seek not beyond death. It may be the blackness averred by the Nemedian skeptics, or Crom's realm of ice and cloud, or the snowy plains and vaulted halls of the Nordheimer's Valhalla. I know not, nor do I care. Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content."

I didn't like everything else (the music, the smoke thing, etc...) in the teaser, but it was nice to hear an almost straight REH quote.

Back to top Go down
http://nemedie.free.fr/site/
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! EmptySun 27 Mar - 1:43

Its a weak trailer and more for Scorpion King/Prince of Persia audience with a bit of 300 capitalization thrown in. Why are they still using the old Cobb designed title?! Really, that is a insult.

I agree with Turd, that line is lame and for pansies and/or women. If they wanted to impress us males and fans, they shoud've used the line "I was born on the battlefield, the first sound I heard was a scream"(well paraphrased I suppose but get the point). That would of gotten the male fans pumped. This movie completely lacks the magnetism of the original CTB.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! EmptyFri 1 Apr - 16:55

axerules wrote:
Flaming Turd wrote:

"I live, I love, I slay"......
It is from Howard's story Queen of the Black Coast.

Yes you are right. But as Cromulus say, it's used to define the character in the trailer and they should have chosen a different line to present him. The line and specially the way it was spoken presents Conan primarily as a seductive man, not as a tough warrior. And we fans we don't want a movie about a lover, we want a movie about a warrior (if he also loves it's ok, but it shoudln't be a essential part of the character from the start). Conan was not into giving his heart to every women he met. He was gentle with them, but he just fucked them, didn't loved them.
In the REH story the line was told to his most important lover (his true love indeed, not one of his several bitches), to seduce her and let her know he had a heart besides being a slayer. He was actually speaking about his happy days with Belit, when he killed men and loved her after the battles, but these days were not his normal way of living cause he usually was a total loner who didn't gave his heart to anyone. In that quote with Belit he was opening his heart as he never did before. It's not Conan said that line to every person he met to define himself, at all. It's absolutely taken OUT OF CONTEXT. If you choose that particular quote you are thinking on letting know the audience this character is equally a lover and a killer, and that's not the point. He was a survivor, warrior, a killer, mainly. Then he could also love but only to a very few women really, so it doesn't define REH's Conan spirit.

I think the quote was, sadly, chosen to attract female audience.

A line which would more faithfully define Conan's spirit would be "I live, I FUCK, I slay...". Of course that wouldn't attract female audience cause that's too male chauvinist and zero romantic. Ironically is more faithful to Conan's everyday life.

----------

I also agree it's good they chose a true REH line, though. But I also say it's a fake, when it's used to support the claim they are basing the character on REH's. Speaking a few REH lines doesn't make it a REH spirited movie at all.

In a Spanish article on the movie, the director mentioned the movie to be based on MILIUS' too. At last, they are being honest....... a little at least. Though I doubt Milius or Cobb are getting any money out of this...
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! EmptyFri 1 Apr - 19:08

Quote :
He was actually speaking about his happy days with Belit

Yes, and even Howard can and did get cheesy. But like you said Turd, that is the crux of the situation that line was only for Belit. Now why didnt they get Belit in the movie or more base the movie more on Howards stories which supposedly was the whole "Clonan" problem and was to rectified back when news broke Milius left the project. That "I live, I slay I love" line would of been idea in the original CTB though, to be said as Conan stands over Valeria's body on the pyre. That would have been good, and the line he gave the princess, "I was born on the battlefield, he first sound I heard was a scream" but was cut. The major deletion of dialogue and narration from Conan was short coming of the film and probably why so many of us fans loved the original but we're instinctively and mystically are driven for more--the lost scenes and dialogue...Somewhere out there is an even more powerful movie--we're but grail knights on a quest to find the fable Holy Grail, lol.

If they did a Queen of the Black Coast story more closely and changed the character name of belit I can live with that, as Belit is not al altogether decent name especially when spoken. Valeria is more regal and sounds better when speaking it. Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! EmptyFri 22 Apr - 18:24

What a stupid plot and name for a villain, "Zym' now? LOL

Quote :
Adapted from the new film by writer Stuart Moore, penciller and cover artist Gabriel Guzman [cover art at head of post], and with inks by Jason Gorder
On sale July 20, FC, 64 pages, $6.99, One-shot

After witnessing his wife burned at the stake, warlord Khalar Zym sets out on a quest to find the mythical Mask of Acheron, an ancient artifact that will bring his beloved back to life. In his search across the lands, Zym destroys a village in northern Cimmeria, where a boy born of battle survives and is cast out into the world, alone.

Years later, Zym crosses paths again with the boy who survived – Conan. He must now contend with this barbarian nuisance who is now set on vengeance for the slaughter of his village. Zym and his daughter, Marique, eventually clash with Conan in an epic final battle, the outcome of which will decide the fate of the world.

Based on Conan the Barbarian, the new major motion picture starring Jason Momoa, Rose McGowan, and Ron Perlman

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/04/18/new-conan-the-barbarian-plot-details-reveal-backstory-for-the-film

Quote :

"I love Arnold. I love his movies and it's an absolute honor to take on those shoes," he said. "I don't want to sound bad but I haven't seen [Arnold's 'Conan the Barbarian']. It came out in 1982. I was 3 years old."

Momoa went on to explain that it's never good for an actor to be influenced by another actor's performance. It's better to just go back to the source material and come up with your own version.

While that's true, it's hard to imagine that Momoa has never seen "Conan the Barbarian," considering that it's always being shown on TV. And how big of a Robert E. Howard fan could he be that in 32 years of his life he has never bothered checking out any of the "Conan" movies?

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=21320&count=0
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! EmptyThu 28 Apr - 0:03

Cromulus The Destroyer wrote:

"I love Arnold. I love his movies. I haven't seen Arnold's "Conan the Barbarian".

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What a circus.

Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! EmptyTue 3 May - 1:02

Yeah, they mention its a "revenge" flick. So yeah, it is inspired remake/reboot of Thomas?Stone/Milius storyline.

Quote :
"I went to the source material," said Momoa of how he readied himself for the role. "I went to Robert E. Howard. I've never played a role that's this rich. So much material. I was a big comic book fan."

For Momoa, the now-iconic Frank Frazetta paintings provided one of his first introductions to the famous barbarian.

"Both my parents were painters," he said. "You look at those paintings and you don't need to read a story. You just know, that dude is bad."

However, Momoa was quick to admit that he has yet to watch the "Conan" movies starring Schwarzenegger — and he doesn't plan to do so until after he's seen his own performance.

"I haven't actually seen the Arnold stuff," he confessed. "I'm excited to see it. I was three years old when it came out…I can't wait to see it. I want to see mine and then I'm going to watch that one, back to back."

"I've never played a role that was played by someone else," he continued. "As an actor, to build the character I wanted to use my imagination and be creative and use my own interpretation."

As for the film itself, Momoa offered his own take on where the new "conan The Barbarian" falls in the character's ever-growing mythology.

"It kind of is an origin story," he explained. "It's rebuilding and rebooting the franchise…It starts with his birth, what happened to his family, what happened to his father—obviously his father is killed—and him going into the pirating and the thieving and wandering and being the degenerate that he is and then usurping a throne and finding out who killed his father. It's a revenge story, with a little bit a love in there."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/04/28/conan-the-barbarian-movie-jason-momoa/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Movie Teaser Trailer!   New Movie Teaser Trailer! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Movie Teaser Trailer!
Page 1 of 1