The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  Empty
PostSubject: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 31 Dec - 20:57

In the magazine Cinefantasique there is an article about the making of Conan 1982. The Director John Milius talks to Paul M. Sammon about the back story of Valeria. She is an attendant to the pit fighters and later trained as one. The article does not have any information about Sandahl Bergman's shot scenes as A pit fighter unfortunately.Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  Th_cf1103
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 31 Dec - 20:58

Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  Valeriapitfighter
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 31 Dec - 20:59

Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  Conan-SandalCostume4
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 31 Dec - 21:02

Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  ConanA22_04
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 31 Dec - 21:04

Click here to read Conan Magazine Articles http://ultimateconanfan.blogspot.ca/2009/09/conan-movie-articles.html
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 31 Dec - 21:18

Paul M. Sammon wrote articles for magazines about the Conan Films. He was on set for Conan 1982 and Conan the Destroyer.Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  PMS_Arnold_Conan
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 31 Dec - 21:20

Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  Paul-m-sammon-at-conan-promotion
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 31 Dec - 21:23

He has A book about Conan called Conan the PhenomenonValeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  CONAN+The+PHENOMENON
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 31 Dec - 21:29

Paul M. Sammon talks about the making of Conan 1982 and the Destroyer. He has photos of the deleted scene were Conan's mother get her head cut off.
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 31 Dec - 21:43

He wrote A book about the making of Blade Runner called Future Noir. He did A Commentary track on the Blade Runner box set. It would be great if he did some Commentary tracks for Conan 1, 2 and Red Sonja if they get released again to cash in on Conan the Legend 2014.Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  Future-noir-making-of-blade-runner
Back to top Go down
Nial
Pit Fighter
Nial

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyTue 1 Jan - 19:18

nerd alert wrote:
Paul M. Sammon talks about the making of Conan 1982 and the Destroyer. He has photos of the deleted scene were Conan's mother get her head cut off.

Very cool man. Thanks for posting this. i'd never seen it. Very interesting comments though i think the derogatory remarks and pops at Arnold were way off.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyFri 4 Jan - 7:57

Nial wrote:
though i think the derogatory remarks and pops at Arnold were way off.

He also LIES at some points. I assume to "embellish" the storytelling... but that's sort of awful and desinformative. Anyway, guy must earn a living I guess... He also lied at some points in the magazine article, inventing names and stuff. And many of his Spain location myths are wrong -just a little example over many others: the Roman building in Segovia DOESN'T WORK at all, and doesn't provide the town's water. But it's way more colorful to depict an underdeveloped country for show's sake. Laughing

Another example of huge mistake is saying Pat Roach played Dagoth, when a simple google search proves it was actually Andre The Giant. Lotsa mistakes like that here and there, makes his conferences quite interesting and worth listening, but NOT TRUSTING in essence.
Back to top Go down
Nial
Pit Fighter
Nial

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptySat 5 Jan - 15:00

I noticed a few inconsistencies throughout myself. Very early on he mentioned his age and then i think again later but they didn't match up for years and release dates. I understand he's gotta make a living but i think the jibes are cheap and the lies as you say disinformative. I appreciated the photos of Naduska's head and the filmig of that scene though. I have been desperate for years to see that mechanical head.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptySat 5 Jan - 15:27

I wonder, is the UNIVERSAL or 20th CENTURY FOX or whoever, involved in some terms in these conference-shows? I mean, if the guy was making these on the release of the movie, as promotion, he could have been hired by the Universal to do it I guess... but now, is there any kind of benefit to the Universal the guy is doing this? Are they allowing him to do it, or he can do it by his own without any legal problems? I think he mentions some of it at some point but he doesn't explains much and I'm still wondering.
Back to top Go down
Nial
Pit Fighter
Nial

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  EmptyMon 7 Jan - 16:29

Personally i don't think so. I think he is doing this off his own back as a means of some easy income while riding the coat tails of the first iconic film and at the same time cashing in on the convenience of the new 2011 crap films release. He mentions the new one and Ron Pearlman as Conan's dad briefly so this must be getting close to the films release or at least well into production.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article    Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article  Empty

Back to top Go down

Valeria Pit Fighter Back Story Article
Page 1 of 1