The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The legend of Conan

Go down 
+5
dixie.valdez01
Flaming Turd
Cromulus The Destroyer
Nial
Prometheus
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-08-29

The legend of Conan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Mar - 8:21

Unless I am mis-reading, there own reporting seems to be incorrect. Will Beall, not Chris Morgan, is writing or has written the second draft of the screenplay. (EDIT: They have since amended that error).
While I welcome thearnoldfans enthusiasm, it does appear that the words "hope" and "hopefully" appear largely in their vocabulary when talking up LEGEND OF CONAN.
Arnold's own response seems not to inspire much confidence either, though he himself must be feeling a little sheepish by now for talking up this project for two and a half years with nothing to show for it.
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyTue 17 Mar - 10:27

Arnold Schwarzenegger on LEGEND OF CONAN (and another movie) at the Arnold Melbourne Sports Classic 15th March 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-tx8P1UHXw
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Mar - 9:06

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS have until September 2016 to start filming LEGEND OF CONAN before option rights revert back to Conan license holders, Paradox Entertainment. Source and link below.

March 24, 2015 16:48 ET | Source: Paradox Entertainment
Stockholm, 2015-03-24 21:48 CET (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) - Universal Studios has extended its option for the Conan movie. The option is valid for another 18 months. Within that time, and later at the possible start of production, option needs to be converted to full rights. Alternatively, rights return to Paradox Entertainment. Paradox Entertainment has received compensation for the extension. Screenplay work is progressing but there is still no date scheduled for the possible start of production and the decision lies with Universal.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2015/03/24/718366/0/sv/Universal-Studios-f%25C3%25B6rl%25C3%25A4nger-Conanoptionen.html&prev=search
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Mar - 5:28

The legend of Conan - Page 2 InterestingUNIVERSAL STUDIOS have until September 2016 to start filming LEGEND OF CONAN before option rights revert back to Conan license holders, Paradox Entertainment. Source and link below
Back to top Go down
Thot amon
Turanian War Officer
Thot amon

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Apr - 8:21

Arnold Schwarzenegger: "I am very proud to be working alongside Ben Stiller in what, I am sure, will be a monumental move for Unviersal." said the 66 year-old former governor of California today when talking about the director of his upcoming movie, LEGEND OF CONAN. Looking relaxed and puffing on one of his beloved stogies, the Austrian superstar continued: "We have been waiting to get this just right and now, as soon as TERMINATOR is released we can begin filming. I am a big fan of Ben's work and I am sure he will bring something fresh and exciting to to this franchise. We hope to be filming this Fall." He also indicated that his former co-star and buddy from THE LAST STAND, Johnny Knoxville, will be involved. Possible sidekick? Stay tuned for more info as this project unfolds!
Source: Paramonium/moviewebnews.com.
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Apr - 12:07

Fantastic news!! Ben Stiller will bring pathos and a sense of gritty drama to this project. Anyone seen TROPIC THUNDER? It's APOCALYPSE NOW for a new generation. I can't think of anyone more suited to do Conan than this. I'm sure he will get John Milius' blessing. Hopefully, we'll see DODGEBALL 2 soon as well.
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 May - 6:44

“They want to film it in the fall, I don’t know if I will then have the time to film it, but we will sort that out within the next month or two."
Arnold talks on the status of LEGEND OF CONAN. For me it is this sentence that is the important part but, if you ignore the talk about TRIPLETS, some interesting stuff in here none the less.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/06/arnold-schwarzenegger-triplets-eddie-murphy
Back to top Go down
Thot amon
Turanian War Officer
Thot amon

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 May - 22:50

http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/2015/5/24/exclusive-conan-script-is-ready-arnold-reteams-with-barbaria.html
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 May - 6:51

Same old arnoldfans. Boosting Arnold's profile with this recycled article every six months....
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 May - 7:46

Want the real news on the status of LEGEND OF CONAN? Are you ready? Well, are you? Ok, Grab hold of your hats-

"Until we have a greenlight from the studio, there are no solid facts as we are still in the development phase. The script needs to be finished."
-producer Fredrik Malmberg, (26/05/2015).

Ho hum.

Link below:
http://www.robert-e-howard.fr/Pages/Articles.php?ID_Article=3126&Page_Article=2&Page_Commentaire=1
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Jun - 20:54

It appears that David Gemmell's novel, LEGEND, is the template for which the story of this movie is based. Which is no bad thing. Gemmell's debut novel gained a considerable cult status after its publication in 1984. Those of you who have read it may already recognize "THE UNFORGIVEN by way of CONAN THE BARBARIAN" motif running through its main theme. If that were not enough, Arnold Schwarzengger talking of the film's storyline at an after press conference for TERMINATOR: GENISYS adds fuel to the rumour-

“I was hoping to do another one and I was hoping that the idea of Conan having been king for a long time, then just threw it all away and went into retirement and went off into the mountains,” Schwarzenegger said after the press conference. “That whole idea always appealed to me. Then of course he gets asked back because of some hideous and unbelievable things that are happening to the kingdom. So that’s when the battle begins again.”

- See more at: http://www.nerdreport.com/2015/06/27/franchise-fred-news-arnold-talks-legend-of-conan/#sthash.oNnrhhch.dpuf

http://moviehole.net/201592388schwarzenegger-says-legend-of-conan-script-is-great
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Jul - 9:07

Some interesting facts surrounding what and, more importantly, what is not happening with LEGEND OF CONAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgC3byMGWYQ
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Oct - 4:41

No more Terminator Movies http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/02/terminator-saga-terminated-by-genysis-box-office-failure

Will this be bad news in getting King Conan Green Light?
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Oct - 11:50

I fear it is probably the final nail in the coffin. Take into consideration that Arnold has also just signed on to replace Donald Trump on CELEBRITY APPRENTICE for t.v. which will keep him busy for the better part of next year.
Personally, I have come to terms that this was all just a pipe dream fuelled by some studio execs hedging their bets on Arnold making a glorious cinematic comeback. When that failed.... silence. Of course, there will be no official word that LEGEND OF CONAN has been dropped but you can bet your last Turanian copper piece that Universal are less than motivated by Arnold's  diminishing box office returns.
I have no doubt that producer and Conan Properties owner, Fredrik Malmberg, will keep fuelling the Arnold Fans website with cryptic hints and rumours until the lease with Universal expires in September 2016.
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 May - 4:40

https://www.thewrap.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-to-play-hitman-in-taran-killams-directorial-debut/ This movie will be made before Conan.
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Sep - 15:42

September, 2016 is the deadline for Universal Studios to start production work on LEGEND OF CONAN. It hasn't happened...
From March 24, 2015. Source: Paradox Entertainment-

Universal Studios has extended its option for the Conan movie. The option is valid for another 18 months. Within that time, and later at the possible start of production, option needs to be converted to full rights. Alternatively, rights return to Paradox Entertainment. Paradox Entertainment has received compensation for the extension. Screenplay work is progressing but there is still no date scheduled for the possible start of production and the decision lies with Universal.

Note- Since that contract was drawn up, Paradox Entertainment have dissolved and its head, Fredrik Malmberg, is now the sole owner of all things Robert E. Howard. It would follow then that the rights revert back, not to Paradox, but to him and his L.A. based company, Cabinet Holdings. Malmberg is also a producer on the project of the movie. The dilemma would now appear for both Universal and Malmberg on whether or not they want to to renew the terms of the contract (yet again) or drop the project altogether. Either way, we should know soon the state of play and be put out of our collective misery for good.
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Sep - 2:59

The legend of Conan - Page 2 Tcgzi Thanks Othnar
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Apr - 19:23

Chris Morgan on LEGEND OF CONAN-
“At the end of the day, the studio decided that they weren’t gonna make that. I gotta say, it’s honestly a heartbreak. I love that first movie so much, so much, it’s one of my favorite movies,” Morgan explained before recounting the story’s outline. “We had Will Beall do a draft on [the ‘Legend of Conan’ script]. He killed it. Our take was Conan, 30 years later, a story like the Clint Eastwood Unforgiven. It was so awesome.”
“Ultimately, the budget was big, the studio was not really sure of the title, and the relevance in the marketplace,” Morgan said. “They ended up letting it go,” said Morgan. “But just to be associated with it, pitch it to Arnold, have him get so excited, there was a moment of magic for me, personally [laughs]. You never know, down the road we may revisit!”
http://www.cbr.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-legend-of-conan-canceled/
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Apr - 21:07

The legend of Conan - Page 2 VaderThe legend of Conan - Page 2 -oh-no-GIF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Conan   The legend of Conan - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The legend of Conan
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2