The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Conan to be remade

Go down 
+2
Einar
Cromulus The Destroyer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Conan to be remade - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 9:36

I used to think, that with the right direction, Kevin Smith couldve played a good Conan.. he also bore some resemblence to the original character to:

Conan to be remade - Page 2 Iphicles1
Conan to be remade - Page 2 X20l
Back to top Go down
Protoplasme
Admin
Protoplasme

Number of posts : 14916
Registration date : 2004-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 10:17

Yes, but he's dead! Shit

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808963/

Quote :
Date of Death
15 February 2002, Beijing, China. (Injury due to a fall on the set)

http://www.conancompletist.com
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 11:02

Yeah, shame to. He was to have co-starred with Bruce Willis in "Tears of the Sun", who knows, he couldve went onto being CONAN and became a star.

I just could never picture Milius casting Triple H as Conan.. as He-Man, sure, but Conan? Nope!

Conan to be remade - Page 2 TripleH

Conan to be remade - Page 2 11286806737f4cbe82e5pf0
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 12:16

Ron Perlman with a rubber muscle suit?

tristme why not a quadriplegic bald midget in a muscled robot suit and a wig?

Shit...

Ron Perlman is a terrific actor but, hey, he's not fitting inside that role.

An excellent actor and a much better nordic warrior looking is Rutger Hauer.

http://www.cortoweb.it/public/rutger_hauer.jpg

Maybe he's very fucking old, so he would play a very aged Conan. But he's strong an tough and had a very athletic shape, and is very tall. His eyes are ice blue and deep as hell. For me, he's the perfect King Conan. Of course, he's not a hypermuscled actor. No comic-book physical shape here. But he has strengh enough in his eyes to kill you with just one look.

Some years ago, when he was younger, he would have been perfect, I think.

Maybe he could have exploited his psychopathic side as Conan in a very interesting way. The character he played for "Lady Hawk" was not too "conanish", as he was too restrained. He would have been more animal and passionate, but Rutger can do that, just take a look at some of his first movies with Verhoeven -"Flesh and Blood" for example featured a much more conanish character, Martin, a mercenary and thief without morals and a very strong luxury and hungry of power.

With the adequate kendo classes, and some good acting work going deep inside Conan's motivations, -and of course a good director and script- he would have been unforgetable as a mature King Conan.

Sadly, this thing will never happen and Conan will be played by The Rock and the movie will be made for teenagers and I won't go to see it after I download it from the e-mule and erase it after watching maybe only at half.

Jessica Biel as whatever, men Rolling Eyes

EDITING:

Hey,

How can we not trust this man:

http://www.hbo.com/rome/img/cast/character/character_tituspullo.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/faces/images/ray_stevenson.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/halloweenqueen1031/004KAR_Ray_Stevenson_0021.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img351/4346/titopulloactorjg1.jpg

Strong enough, tall enough, charismatic enough, mature enough, talented enough.

Not a Tito Pullo character into a Conan movie, (like that poor Kull movie wich was Hercules with another name) instead of that, Ray Stevenson creating a Conan character who would be more savage and unfriendly than Pullo is. I think, dunno, maybe he can make it. He can fit, there. It's my intuition.

I read in www.conan.com they say Pullo is Conan with shaved hair. Bullshit. It's strange because those Reh purists hate the Millius movie because it's not close to the Reh Conan, and say Pullo is... Well, sorry, but he's not...

But the actor, himself, is what I'm talking about, don't you think he has the qualities?

I prefer a good actor better than a muscled amateur. Strenght is beyond looking. Bruce Lee could have killed 30 Schwarzeneggers with one finger.

Conan to be remade - Page 2 004karraystevenson0021nu3

(By the way, Conan has long hair since Frazetta, but Howard didn't describe him like that. In fact, in some stories, he has also beard... Right? Shit, it was too long since I read those... Ok, i'm not sure if he was depicted with beard but i'm sure about the long hair).

We must open our minds into a Conan incarnation which differs from the comics. Surprises and fresh air would be welcome, at least for me, if the character mantains the strengh and savagery.

Jessica Biel is ugly, but she's intelligent. Razz

Last edited by on Mon 22 Oct - 13:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 13:35

Well aside from the fact that they both held a bird, I cant see much resemblence to CONAN.
Shocked scratch Laughing

Conan to be remade - Page 2 Conanthebarbarianlg02pe1
Conan to be remade - Page 2 13275_small
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2005-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 13:46

Where the hell does that bird come from on the Conan pic ?!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 13:46

That's "Lady Hawk". And I said that character is NOT conanish at all.

But this is Hauer in Flesh and Blood:

http://www.boomerangshop.com/dvdcover/ImageWeb/FleshBlood198565651_f.jpg

And as Roy Batty, loooong ago:

http://storage.msn.com/x1pxOYwqu4SjF5Y717FsidyuFgZ4Za0LJKEIxW55u2msA1pmE6OXPmTdanpv11lNk-Gwfmsi_dkh53Uvx3wzeFdSOxTGEGbUKh-vk_qcb-XA43-gqmX3x_ftA

http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=76471994&epmid=3&partner=Google

Last edited by on Mon 22 Oct - 13:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2005-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Oct - 13:53

Ten years ago, Hauer did play a king in the TV miniseries " Merlin " :

Conan to be remade - Page 2 012

king
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: MANNAJA: A MAN CALLED BLADE   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Oct - 19:24

Hollywood has been remaking a lot of classic movies: There is one classic movie from 1977 i think should be remade. MANNJA: A MAN CALLED BLADE, I rented it on DVD last year and i thought like ''HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER''' It was a classic of the genre.
It was about a bounty hunter, armed with a hatchet, who is hired by the mayor of a mining town to rescue his daughter who has been kidnapped by his corrupt associate.
Like CONAN. I think it should be remade, i think either Thomas Jane or Brad Pitt would be perfect as the leading character Blade (Played by Maurizio Merli in the 1977 film).

Arriving in the mining town Suttonville, after claiming the bounty of a outlaw known as Burt Craven, a bounty hunter named Blade (armed with a hatchet instead of a gun) is hired by the town's wheelchair bound mayor McGowan and his corrupt assoicate Voller to track down McGowan's daughter Debra who has gone missing. Blade is unaware that Voller kidnapped Debra and is secretly working for a group of outlaws who are looting shipment of silver from the silver mines that are run by the mine owner McGregor. Caught up in Suttonville's affairs, Blade not only has Voller to deal with, he also goes to settle a score with McGowan (who was responsible for the death of Blade's father) and takes on Voller and his gang who are out to gun him down.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was 30 when MANNAJA was first made
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Oct - 20:02

Einar wrote:
Where the hell does that bird come from on the Conan pic ?!!! Shocked

Don't know, I assume its one of the same ones used in Shadizar, one of Queen Taramis's birds seen briefly. This shot was used a few times on publicity photos.

Interesting note, in that cartoon series, "Conan The Adventurer", Conan has that bird companion called Needles or something. So I wonder if this was inspired by this photograph.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Oct - 23:01

It was more probably inspired by alcohol. Mr. Green

Hey.

Tell me he doesn't look cute.

Conan to be remade - Page 2 Qmx3xftarb3
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 3:42

^Speaking of Alchohol...When did CONAN look like a crackhead?
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Oct - 17:07

Since he visited Arenjun. Man, that place was heaven... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Mannaja   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Oct - 22:02

Mannaja was a excellent. One part of the film sounds a bit like CONAN.
Blade is hired by McGowan, the wheelchair bound mayor of Suttonville to rescue his daughter Debra who has been kidnapped by McGowan's corrupt
associate Voller.
In CONAN, Conan is hired by King Osric to rescue his daughter from Thulsa Doom.
MANNJA is a good movie and it should be remade with either Brad Pitt or Thomas Jane as Blade.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: MANNAJA Conan references   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Oct - 22:24

There are a couple of Mannaja references in CONAN

1) Blade's father was killed in front of him when he was young,
Conan's parents were murdered when he was a boy.

2) Blade is hired by McGowan, the wheelchair bound mayor to rescue his daughter from his corrupt associate Voller, Conan is hired by King Osric to rescue his daughter from Thulsa Doom.

3) Conan is crucified in the middle of the desert, Blade is left-to-die in the desert, he is buried in the sand, and his eyes are nailed wide open and he is blinded and tortured by the sun.

4) Blade is out on a personal vendetta against McGowan who killed his father in front of him when he was a boy, Conan is out to get his vengeance on Thulsa Doom who killed his parents when he was a boy.

5) Blade falls in love with a travelling dancing girl who is killed by Voller - Conan falls in love with Valeria, Valeria is killed by Thulsa Doom.

6) Blade leaves after killing Voller, After Conan kills Thulsa Doom and returns the Princess to her people, Conan leaves and embarks on futher adventures.

7) Voller has his men beat the crap out of Blade, Conan is beaten up by Thulsa Doom's henchmen Rexor and Thorgrim.

It's ironic, CONAN is in a way like a western. The ending of CONAN THE DESTROYER, where Conan rejects Princess Jehnna's offer to help her rule the kingdom and leaves is like the ending of a western, where after setting things right, the gunslinger decides not to stay and leaves the town back into the desert.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Roland Kickinger as Conan   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Nov - 2:51

How about Roland Kickinger as Conan. He is a 39-year old Austrian bodybuilder and actor, he played young Arnold Schwarzenegger in his TV movie biopic ''See Arnold Run''in 2005, he is best known as musclar lifeguard Chip Rommel in the sitcom ''Son of the Beach'' alongside sexy Leila Arcieri.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Sep - 19:22

A pic of Steve Reeves ala Conan

Conan to be remade - Page 2 Zzzzz

Last edited by Flaming Turd on Sun 7 Sep - 19:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Sep - 19:32

Much better now Cool

Conan to be remade - Page 2 Zzzzz-1
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Arnold Cameo   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Oct - 3:53

I think Arnold Schwarzenegger should be given a Cameo in the CONAN remake as Conan's father. Besides, it's only a small part. He does get killed off quiet early in the film.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Nov - 11:22

well its official, Ratner is helming CONAN:

But tell me, does the highlighted parts sound familiar?scratch

Quote :
Joshua Oppenheimer and Thomas Dean Donnelly's "Conan" script adheres closer to Robert E. Howard's original 1930's pulp fiction stories about the famous warrior than the previous two 1980's films which turned Arnold Schwarzenegger into a star. The scribes are now doing a polish to include some last minute ideas from Ratner.

Producer Avi Lerner says "The story opens on the battlefield where Conan is born and tells the origin story that sets the stage for what will be the first of multiple films."

Ratner intends to keep the "very R-rated approach" of the material, with production to take place next year at Nu Image's Nu Boyana Studio in Bulgaria for an early 2010 release.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081110d.php
Back to top Go down
axerules
Rider of Doom
axerules

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Nov - 14:39

It's not official (yet), Cromulus. It seems A. Lerner talks too much:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/the_big_picture/2008/11/brett-ratner-an.html
Back to top Go down
http://nemedie.free.fr/site/
axerules
Rider of Doom
axerules

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Nov - 14:44

Sorry for the repetition, I saw Einar's thread just after sending the previous message. drunken

mongol
Back to top Go down
http://nemedie.free.fr/site/
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Nov - 15:01

I see, Lerner and Ratner are both jewish, so his excitement hinges on that fact,

Quote :
"He understands the character, he analyzed the script really well. He knows how to make this a really big movie. I like his childlike enthusiasm--he almost sees these movies as wonderful toys. What can I say, he's a nice, likable Jewish boy."
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Nov - 23:00

TAF ran an article, supposedly with Arnold claiming he'll be back,lol:

http://thearnoldfans.com/news/1367.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conan to be remade   Conan to be remade - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conan to be remade
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2