The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Milius' first draft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2005-02-12

Milius' first draft Empty
PostSubject: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft EmptySun 16 Nov - 14:56

It seems some people on this board have read it.... shifty

Could someone amongst those happy few please do a script reveiw or at least a breakdown of the main differences between this draft and the finished movie for all of us who didn't have the chance to read it ? Thnaks ! Wink
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft EmptySun 16 Nov - 18:16

I was hoping A.Oster would do that, but he's not here often sadly.

For now I can say the movie drastically changes after the rescue of the Princess. So instead of the Battle of the Mounds you get the battle of Shadizar/Zamora which is basically plucked from the Thugra Kotan story, "Black Colossus". Conan is like Bowen from Dragonheart, where he rallies the locals and gives them half-assed training which basically wins the day over Thulsa Doom's armies of Neanderthals clad in iron. And and somehow mercenaries arrive from all over Hyboria to fight under and with Conan.

Other main differences are, Red Hair gets impaled by the Turanians(with Conan becoming their bitch essentially), a fight with a giant spider in the Tower of Set and the Wizard of the Mounds gets his head cut off(off camera) by Doom and used as standard being seen as his armies charge Zamora. Brak uses Thorgrim's hammer at the end battle.
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft EmptySun 16 Nov - 18:32

Yea, sorry...

I check in all the time to see whats new, but I'm getting my butt kicked here for now. With research taking most of my time I just can't sit down to do any real "fun" work. I have another trip to Asia planned next month, guests from Japan to get ready for by January, and a whole slump of everyday responsibilities that has just kept me out of productivity here. I just don't have the proper mindset to go about a review in any comprehensive form at the moment. What I have read has me seeing the whole thing as just too big to tackle at the moment. There is a lot of changes that make a review a rather big undertaking IMHO.

Kep up the good work though guys!
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft EmptyMon 17 Nov - 15:50

Is Subotaï present in the first draft ? And did anyone use the magical black powder grenade-like weapon that is mentioned in one of the old Prevue magazines ? And what about the Russian archeological discoveries that were supposed to be hinted at at some point, suggesting that this was a " true story " ? shifty
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft EmptyMon 17 Nov - 18:47

I dont remember any Grenade off hand, but Subotai was in the script. The Franco Columbu character was a hero rather than villain and had larger part towards the end of the movie during the big battle. I dont think Arnold wanted his pals to have big parts, like Stout was saying for his interview here. Laughing

Archeological discovers, nada!
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft EmptyWed 3 Dec - 15:49

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/2430-Scripts-from-Conan-the-Barbarian_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ52933QQihZ014QQitemZ330289875911QQrdZ1QQss

bave

I wish I had the money ! Razz
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft EmptyWed 3 Dec - 23:24

I wouldnt sell it to my friends, but I sure could make a fortune with this one. Wink

Nah, but maybe sometime in the future this site can carry the scripts in some form. In production movies scripts are illegal supposedly but already produced ones I cant see how. scratch
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft EmptyThu 4 Dec - 1:39

Sure looks like mine! It's nice to see a few out there still. It's tempting to go for it, just to have the second draft original, and then I could sell off whichever first draft is in the worst shape for the price of the last one I bought... tempting...

Milius' first draft ?action=view&current=ConanOrigScript

https://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/Osterberg/conan/Script/
Back to top Go down
Einar
Turanian War Officer
Einar

PostSubject: Re: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft EmptySat 13 Dec - 11:48

This website is listing a Conan The Barbarian first draft penned by both John Milius AND Oliver Stone ? scratch

http://www.wgfoundation.org/librarycatalog/writer/view.ashx?id=2170

I don't know how accurate this is, but the site seems reliable (Writers Guild Foundation).
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft EmptyThu 18 Dec - 8:33

Grenades were used in CONAN THE CONQUEROR First Draft by Pogue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milius' first draft   Milius' first draft Empty

Back to top Go down

Milius' first draft
Page 1 of 1