The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Einardiño
Pit Fighter
Einardiño

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon) Empty
PostSubject: Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon)   Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon) EmptyTue 18 Dec - 10:48

Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon) 10673

Did anyone pick up this book? It looks terrific! Shocked
Chapter 4 is all about the Conan movies, from what I gathered...

Press release:
http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=10-673

Preview of the inside:
http://www.darkhorse.com/downloads.php?did=696&qt=dhnl114s

Paul Sammon audio interview:
http://radio.nationalreview.com/betweenthecovers/post/?q=MzA5NDVjNWY2YzE5Y2E2NmRjNjU5ZDA3YmJjZWU1MGQ=

Ulf
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon)   Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon) EmptyTue 18 Dec - 20:06

Careful, 'Ol Sammon sues. Shit Wink

It looks alright, probably rehashed cinefantasque stuff though. I may pick it up when I get around to it.
Back to top Go down
axerules
Rider of Doom
axerules

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon)   Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon) EmptySat 11 Jun - 13:38

I'm at REH Days 2011 in Texas. I'm staying at the same hotel as Paul Sammon, who worked on the two first Conan films. I had breakfast with him the other day. He's very nice and told me some anecdotes on the flicks' making. He's doing a panel on "Conan movie history" this morning and will show us several behind-the-scenes pics.
Back to top Go down
http://nemedie.free.fr/site/
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon)   Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon) EmptySat 11 Jun - 18:54

axerules wrote:
I'm at REH Days 2011 in Texas. I'm staying at the same hotel as Paul Sammon, who worked on the two first Conan films. I had breakfast with him the other day. He's very nice and told me some anecdotes on the flicks' making. He's doing a panel on "Conan movie history" this morning and will show us several behind-the-scenes pics.

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
axerules
Rider of Doom
axerules

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon)   Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon) EmptySun 12 Jun - 7:22

Flaming Turd wrote:
axerules wrote:

Awesome!
What's even more awesome, is that his presentation has been filmed, and might soon be posted on Youtube.

I asked him if some of his exclusive pics might end up on the Completist's website. I hope that he will allow me to send some of his stuff to Proto and Chrys.

By the way, it's been ages that I'm saying that CtB was a movie with Samurais in barbarian attires. You know what JOHN MILIUS said about his flick to Paul? "It's a samurai movie, except that his no samurais but barbarians"

Last edited by axerules on Tue 14 Jun - 7:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nemedie.free.fr/site/
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon)   Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon) EmptySun 12 Jun - 13:37

axerules wrote:
CtB was a movie with Samurais in barbarian attires. You know what JOHN MILIUS said about his flick to Paul? "It's a samurai movie, except that his no samurais but barbarians"

100% agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon)   Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon) Empty

Back to top Go down

Conan the Phenomenon (by Paul Sammon)
Page 1 of 1