The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria Empty
PostSubject: Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria   Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria EmptyMon 19 Jan - 1:17

The spanish movie "800 bulletz" was about a bunch of actors from a Spaguetti Western city in the desert of Almeria. By Alex de la iglesia ("Day of the Beast").

If someone is interested in watching it, just send me a private message.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0292886/

Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria 80020Balas

There are some references to EL CID, LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, and also some LEONE spaguetti westerns that were shot there. In fact, Clint Eastwood was originally going to play the part of the main character, but he was involved in Mystic River.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria   Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria EmptyMon 19 Jan - 16:20

Was it any good? Never heard of it!
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria   Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria EmptyTue 20 Jan - 23:07

Well, it wasn't too bad though I find it too childish. I don't like the director that much, still he is very loved in Spain but his style doesn't work for me -least if i'm sober, lol-. He has some good ideas always using the grotesque as aesthethic, but he is a really bad screenwriter and his characters are nothing but sthereotypes. Though i wonder if not being spanish you can enjoy the characters, because you don't know these sthereotypes previously.

The movie itself, if you don't really mind about the childish tone, is highly interesting because it shows the reality of the Almeria stunt world, all that is real, the poverty and the way of life. Go figure, a lot of stunt guys were gypsis, and when Milius asked for norse-looking people for Shadizar, he got a bunch of gypsis with dried hair Razz
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria   Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria EmptyTue 20 Jan - 23:11

By the way, I met once the fat woman who plays as the lady in the whore house. Razz We took voice classes together.
Back to top Go down
Protoplasme
Admin
Protoplasme

Number of posts : 14916
Registration date : 2004-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria   Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria EmptyWed 21 Jan - 13:41

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.conancompletist.com
Chrysagon
Vanir
Chrysagon

Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2005-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria   Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria EmptyThu 22 Jan - 11:01

Seems great ! Mr. Green
I ordered the DVD.
Back to top Go down
http://chrysagon.free.fr
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria   Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria EmptyThu 22 Jan - 11:30

It definitely has some pretty funny moments. Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
Chrysagon
Vanir
Chrysagon

Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2005-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria   Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria EmptyMon 26 Jan - 8:28

Was really a nice movie I had a good time. Didn't have time yet to see the special features, but I guess thay could be of interest. This movie is really fun, I really love the performance of Sancho Gracia as Julian. The Flamenco version of Morricone music is really excellent (someone got it somewhere ?).
The fact that I don't speak spanish (in spite of my family origins) and can't appreciate it in its original version is a shame in every senses. But the French dubbed version is excellent.
Back to top Go down
http://chrysagon.free.fr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria   Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie about actors and stunts in the desert of Almeria
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conan Completist Forum :: English Board :: Conan the Barbarian-
Jump to: