The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is a great site!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Swordguy
Pictish Scout
Swordguy

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-10-29

This is a great site! Empty
PostSubject: This is a great site!   This is a great site! EmptyTue 2 Nov - 0:38

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick mention of how stoked I am to have found this site! CtB had a pretty profound impact on me as a young lad of 14, and influenced my life quite a bit. As I'm sure many of you are aware, it seems most people just don't get/appreciate how good this movie is, and I usually get a lot of crap for always talking about how great this movie is! To have found a site where people here are even more fanatical than I am; awesome!

Kudos to everyone who's contributed to this site!
Back to top Go down
vzd963
Rider of Doom
vzd963

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: This is a great site!   This is a great site! EmptyTue 2 Nov - 9:49

NOBODY here is FANATICAL. We're normal people.

I had some trouble a few days ago with the Unemployment Office here, and I rang my wife to tell her that the girl at the desk had been a bit difficult do deal with. "Don't worry," Louise told me, "They'll all drown in lakes of blood!"

See? Jus' normal people... like you!
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: This is a great site!   This is a great site! EmptySat 6 Nov - 2:52

vzd963 wrote:
I had some trouble a few days ago with the Unemployment Office here, and I rang my wife to tell her that the girl at the desk had been a bit difficult do deal with. "Don't worry," Louise told me, "They'll all drown in lakes of blood!"

Mr. Green

Yes, CTB is not considered a "good movie" by the populi, and the reasons that I found in my experience were:

-It's a "fantasy" movie, therefore not adult, therefore not "true cinema".

-It's a Schwarzenegger movie, therefore is bad acted.

-The violence is too realistic, therefore is sick.

-It's pagan, therefore is antichristian.

-It's from the 80's, therefore it's old, therefore it sucks.

-It's masculine, therefore is machist and not-cool.

-The deep on it is hard to understand if you are an imbecile, therefore imbeciles hate it.

In each case:

-People who doesn't like it because considers fantasy a "minor genre" are all a bunch of snobs, classist shitheads.

-People who considers Arnold a bad actor on this film are all frustrated bad actors who calls "good acting" to an hysterical idiot who cries.

-People who considers it's sick because its violence is realistic has a psychopath on their family.

-People who say it's antichristian, are all laughable nerds who last time they were in contact to another person's genitalia was while being born.

-People who say it sucks because it's from the 80's wear t-shirts of Hannah Montana.

-People who say it's machist considers Sarah Jessica Parker to be attractive.

-Imbeciles are just imbeciles.
Back to top Go down
Acedia
Pictish Scout
Acedia

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: This is a great site!   This is a great site! EmptySat 6 Nov - 8:06

Flaming Turd wrote:
vzd963 wrote:

Mr. Green

Yes, CTB is not considered a "good movie" by the populi, and the reasons that I found in my experience were:

-The violence is too realistic, therefore is sick.

-It's pagan, therefore is antichristian.

-It's from the 80's, therefore it's old, therefore it sucks.

-It's masculine, therefore is machist and not-cool.

-The deep on it is hard to understand if you are an imbecile, therefore imbeciles hate it.

In each case:

-People who doesn't like it because considers fantasy a "minor genre" are all a bunch of snobs, classist shitheads.

-People who considers Arnold a bad actor on this film are all frustrated bad actors who calls "good acting" to an hysterical idiot who cries.

-People who considers it's sick because its violence is realistic has a psychopath on their family.

-People who say it's antichristian, are all laughable nerds who last time they were in contact to another person's genitalia was while being born.

-People who say it sucks because it's from the 80's wear t-shirts of Hannah Montana.

-People who say it's machist considers Sarah Jessica Parker to be attractive.

-Imbeciles are just imbeciles.

That really sums it up.
I might even quote that to the haters.
Back to top Go down
Swordguy
Pictish Scout
Swordguy

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: This is a great site!   This is a great site! EmptyFri 12 Nov - 20:47

Flaming Turd wrote:

In my experience the first excuse, thats its a silly fantasy movie accounts for 90% of what I hear. The bad acting is the remaining 10%. Of course these very people then go on to say how great Lord of the Rings is, and don't see any contradiction in their statements. It just frustrates me to no end.

Just the costumes alone, are absolutely phenomenal, and so fit the characters, the writing, the time period, its absolutely amazing to me. NONE of the other sword flicks that came after --not even CtD-- come even close to the calibur of quality and filmaking that CtB does.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4221
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: This is a great site!   This is a great site! EmptySat 13 Nov - 22:22

Swordguy wrote:
Of course these very people then go on to say how great Lord of the Rings is, and don't see any contradiction in their statements. It just frustrates me to no end.

Quoting Ahnuld: "EXAACTLY".

It's another moronic statement to consider uninteresting any movie made before one was born. Usually that's the actual thinking of teenagers today. Well, moronic teenagers that is. Intelligent people also exist.

LOTR was more fashionable and expensive (well, more fashionable that is). What CTB lacked on money, it had in realism and heavily worked background. The world of LOTR was not credible, everything was so idealized you might believe those people never farted. There was no culture on that world, only "fashion". That is: each "race" had a concrete "fashion", a concrete "look", but they didn't had a developed and identificable CULTURE. For example, the humans were generic medieval fashion, the elves were generic "stylized medieval" fashion, the orcs were generic "gothic barbarian" fashion, and so on, but I never had the feeling that these "races" actually had a life behind the war scenes. There were no street markets, no ceramic modellers, no architects working, no jails, no beggars, no latrines, no brothels, NOTHING. Everything was immaculate, finished and done.
And no boobs. No sex at all. That people never farted and also reproduced by spores or something.

And no blood.
No blood, dude. No guts on the floor. No severed members. Talk about giant battleaxes and two-handed claymores and everybody dies clean and with every bodypart intact. Meh.

Give me CTB any day before that boring, kiddie-minded, ultraoverstimated, endless director jerk-off LOTR trilogy.

And bring me BRAINDEAD or BAD TASTE anyday too, before that guy's late crap (his last movie with the killed girl was one of the biggest pieces of shit ever puker )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a great site!   This is a great site! Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a great site!
Page 1 of 1