The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CROM! Albion is at it again!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Replicant
Pictish Scout
Replicant

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-01-20

CROM! Albion is at it again!!!! Empty
PostSubject: CROM! Albion is at it again!!!!   CROM! Albion is at it again!!!! EmptyThu 20 Jan - 3:04

Hi all...... I am a huge Conan fan and have lurked here for years. I am glad to finally join the forum.
CTB is my all time favorite film.

I came across some exciting news today!

http://www.conanmovieblog.com/
Back to top Go down
Wulfgar
Pictish Scout
Wulfgar

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-01-06

PostSubject: Re: CROM! Albion is at it again!!!!   CROM! Albion is at it again!!!! EmptyThu 20 Jan - 23:16

The blades are amazing! Having worked with a couple of sword and hilt smiths I always look for the type of steel used. Carbon Steel is always better than Stainless, though it requires care and cleaning. Of course, if you own a good blade, you should want to.
The casting work looks remarkable.
Still, even for the excellence of them, the price definitely reflects the limited edition and fan base aspect. IMO
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: CROM! Albion is at it again!!!!   CROM! Albion is at it again!!!! EmptyMon 31 Jan - 2:03

I'm glad to see them back at it. I picked up #39 of both the Atlantean and the Father's Sword way back at the start of this project. I don't know if I'll have any cash for more though. I really wanted Valeria's sword too. :)
Back to top Go down
suprman1
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: CROM! Albion is at it again!!!!   CROM! Albion is at it again!!!! EmptyWed 16 Mar - 17:49

Which of the swords do you like better? Father's or the Atlantean?
Back to top Go down
Wulfgar
Pictish Scout
Wulfgar

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-01-06

PostSubject: Re: CROM! Albion is at it again!!!!   CROM! Albion is at it again!!!! EmptyWed 16 Mar - 19:22

I'm curious as well. if i had to choose, I would take the father's sword, mostly because i have a thing for Stag symbolism, but what are the weights and balances like?
Back to top Go down
AOster
Turanian War Officer
AOster

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: CROM! Albion is at it again!!!!   CROM! Albion is at it again!!!! EmptyTue 22 Mar - 13:29

Well, to be honest, they are both way to big and heavy to really "use." That being said though, I have used them for cutting a lot. The handling of each is way different from the other. The Atlantean actually has the best overall feel to me. My sword use background was western before eastern, but now eastern style is the only way that feels right. Therefore, the ability to fit both hands changes it up a lot. The Father's sword is a great looking sword and the balance helps make it feel lighter, yet it handles less well I feel. I'd take the Atlantean into combat if i had to, but I'd take my Crecy hands down before either of these two. They are not like the Discerner, for it is way more functional. However, I never want to put my hands on it because it blemished with a glance! :(
Back to top Go down
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.
Pictish Scout
THIS...YOU CAN TRUST.

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: sword makes   CROM! Albion is at it again!!!! EmptyTue 21 Jun - 23:40

does anyone know if there is any other maker other than albion doing the father's & atlantean with a full tang,
as most of the replicas ive found inc the marto toledo apparently have the rat tail tang and are no good for
swinging around in mock combat etc as they will most likely snap.
Back to top Go down
The Axe
Pictish Scout
The Axe

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: CROM! Albion is at it again!!!!   CROM! Albion is at it again!!!! EmptyThu 12 Jan - 22:16

I had a look at the swords, gorgeous and unaffordable for me, especially with UK import taxes:( ah well I can dream. I did notice on the site a link saying albion europe were stocking them "hello I thought, Crom may be smiling at last" but no, not according to albion europe, not a conan sword in site (pun intended) so the dream has to continue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CROM! Albion is at it again!!!!   CROM! Albion is at it again!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

CROM! Albion is at it again!!!!
Page 1 of 1