The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping

Go down 
+2
Othnar
nerd alert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping Empty
PostSubject: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptySun 6 May - 1:00

1) Conan 2011 was going to be A Franchise. With it being a Commercial Flop we are unlikely to see any Sequels. No other Director and his Crew will get A shot at making A better movie .

2)With the Commercial Hit of Conan 1982 other studios brought out cheap knock offs to try to cash in. We got some great Sword and Sorcery B-movies like Deathstalker, Barbarian Queen and Ator. With Conan 2011 Flopping with got no new B-movies.

3)Jason Momoa will be unlikely to play the character again. We will never know if he could have made A good Conan. Maybe if he had been given A good Conan movie To Star in.

4)Amber Heard was Tipped to play Red Sonja. This has not happen.

What A shame Liongate gave the movie to Marcus Nispel and his crew and don't forget Wendy Partridge the costume designer. (thanks guys for fucking up the Conan Franchise)
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptySun 6 May - 1:02

Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping Amber-heard-drive-angry-3d
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyTue 8 May - 19:52

The one upside of Conan failing at the box office was having no teeny boppy model as Red Sonja in some crap cash-in.

Last edited by Othnar on Tue 8 May - 20:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyTue 8 May - 19:55

I think the upside of this is that with it failing so miserabley producers will be forced to re-evalute what makes the character work in any future endeavours. As for Momoa... well ,I think he lacked the big screen charisma needed to portray Conan. If he had been cast in a t.v. show (Starz /H.B.O.) he would have had more time to grow and perhaps, over time, become a more convincing Conan. When I watch "Spartacus" I see what Conan should have been. Any one episode of that is better constructed, scripted, choreographed and acted than Nispel's movie.
Paradox have made some bad mistakes with the celluloid treatment of Howard's heroes thus far-probabley due to their lack of experience and knowledge in dealing with Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
vzd963
Rider of Doom
vzd963

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyMon 14 May - 11:43

Now, you people are going to kill me, probably... but... I watched the new "Conan" twice... and I DIDN'T HATE IT! Yes, the characters are a bit flat; yes, the ending is a little underlit - but there are lots of good things in it.
Back to top Go down
Othnar
Pit Fighter
Othnar

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyTue 15 May - 18:57

Hey -I just finished watching the Conan t.v. series on DVD and enjoyed it. Just goes to show...
Back to top Go down
vzd963
Rider of Doom
vzd963

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyTue 15 May - 20:05

Funny how we feel the need to be apologetic about liking something. Fine barbarians WE are!
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyWed 16 May - 0:01

I Have no Problem with people liking the movie. I had Mainly posted negative reviews but I also had some positive reviews posted in the topic (Conan 2011 Reviews) .

I posted the Topic Consequences of Conan 2011 floppping for people to discuss if they agree or not that Conan may not be back on the big screen for some time. Will any studio be brave enough to invest money in another Conan film or another tv show of Conan. Will they go near Red Sonja or Kull again?

Clash of the Titans 2010 did enough business to get A sequel. If the people that made Conan 2011 had made A profitable movie we would be talking about what Conan 2 will be about and Red Sonja would have been made by now. Instead we get nothing. There would be also a few Conan Rip -Offs out to buy by now and more in the works if Conan 2 was coming instead there is nothing.

With A lot of interest in Conan Universal might have been looking to cash in with A directors cut of Conan 2 and give us the cut scenes from Conan 1. Instead we get nothing.
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyWed 16 May - 0:08

Here is a positive Review of Conan 2011 For fans who liked the movie
Back to top Go down
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyWed 16 May - 0:19

Here is Catherine Reitman in Slave Leia outfit. How is this related to Topic I don't Know but she is in Slave Leia outfit MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
vzd963
Rider of Doom
vzd963

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyWed 16 May - 10:36

Quite often these days a movie's release in cinemas is really an advertisement for its later DVD/Blu-Ray/download sales.

Lots of films have done well financially - and even had sequels - purely because of the after-cinema sales. I was reading an interview with Joss Whedon, who made "Serenity", yesterday - he said that the film wasn't a big hit when it was first released, but it's a really big seller on DVD - so, yes, there's always hope for Conan!
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptySat 19 May - 12:00

The original CONAN THE BARBARIAN was a well made movie, but I notice the posters on IMDB which are probably the same posters on CONAN.com that trashed Milius' movie still somehow so vehemently are phrasing this cheap and lame remake as better and Howardian. This movie was a bad remake of Milius/Stone's CONAN and atleast we got to see a Tower of the Elephant inspired sequence rather than just hear about it in passing in some brothel. I dont want to brag or anything but I feel happy it was such a shitty movie as I knew it would be when I was dealing with trolls on that forum and imdb but they havent changed any.

Arnold's Conan used his fist to take down a horse not a chain, Arnold's Conan cut the legs off a horse to take down a horse not some cheap CGI cart toppling over.

This movie was essentially a very bad CTB remake with elements of 2007 CONAN game(which was a failure as well) thrown in, you can tell the storyline and direction was heavily dated and trapped within the confines of those two interpretations.

They may at some point make a reboot of the CONAN character, but with many clones and other similar themed sword and sorcery films dudding out, likely it will be direct to video.
Back to top Go down
Prometheus
Rider of Doom
Prometheus

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyMon 28 May - 11:06

There is only one way for Conan to reemerge from the C movie pit ( I mean the 2011 crap ) ....

John Milius Must take in its own hands , I really do not get if they wanted to make a Conan movie why they didn't make him do ?

What annoys me the most is that now when I google conan , the 90% of the pictures coming up are about that crap movie ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.n-a-i-m-a.com
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyThu 14 Jun - 22:03

Prometheus wrote:
John Milius Must take in its own hands , I really do not get if they wanted to make a Conan movie why they didn't make him do ?

Milius' idea was too expensive for today's standards. I'm pretty sure that was the reason. Script, director and cast at hand, the last thing needed was the greenlight from a major studio. Fact no studio wanted the project and instead it was taken by a low-budget one wich came to throw Milius' idea to the toilet and do a cheap movie instead seems to clarify the question.

Also, Milius' style of writting is today considered pretty uncommercial, let's say. Tell the the last "adventure" movie with phylosophical content, in the last ten years... Any?

Today's style is all about form, and zero content. Therefore, no good literary scripwritters are wanted anymore.

Another main problem is Milius doesn't own Conan's rights. He needs a major studio to buy them and then hire him. Lotsa burocratic crap, and the old man is way too old to stand such a fight again...

His last chance lies in tv, maybe an HBO series. It would be awesome if HBO decided to go into producing a Conan series with Milius as creator. CROM, listen to me you old sonofabitch and make this wish real... and if you don't listen, then you know where to go! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Prometheus
Rider of Doom
Prometheus

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptySat 23 Jun - 18:59

Oh my .... a Conan series .... Milius writer Director and I would love the style to take also a similar approach like Spartacus and Game of thrones lol ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.n-a-i-m-a.com
nerd alert
Vanir
nerd alert

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping EmptyWed 5 Sep - 4:53

Not looking good for A Red Sonja Remake at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping   Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping Empty

Back to top Go down

Consequences Of Conan 2011 Flopping
Page 1 of 1