The Conan Completist Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WebsiteWebsite  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pred-Alien

Go down 
+3
Flaming Turd
Einar
Cromulus The Destroyer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec - 18:49

If some of you are interested, check out this old Alan Munro interview that was conducted in 1989 for Dark Horse comics, PREDATOR series.

1)
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Pred1xe5

2)
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Pred2qh3

3)
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Pred3yb5

That anecdote which Stan Winston always tells on interviews, with him and James Camerion dreaming up the Predator design all by themselves on an airplane, always bothered me as its such BS, but whatever. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
MightyMcT
Admin
MightyMcT

Number of posts : 16130
Registration date : 2004-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec - 19:16

Very interesting, thanks! thumleft

I'm pretty sure Flaming Turd will have a special liking for Stuart Gordon's interpretation of the Predator as "vagina dentata"! Wink Mr. Green

Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec - 19:40

Indeed he will! Cool

*That is I think though, quite an interesting interpretation. For one, Anna was tied up for much of the film. She was captured trying to shoot someone in the back, she then uses her female charm to trick Hawkins, even beforehand she cheap shotted Poncho. Arnold knocking the weapon outve her hand, can be seen as not trusting her with a rifle or no women with guns allowed. Hawkin's was cleary using sexist/misogynist jokes, and Blaine's characther basically saying real men chew tobacco, with the "Goddamn Sexual Tyrannosaurus " , and callign everyone "Slapped -Jawed Faggots", comments . So indeed, lots of Machismo present.

Also in Predator 2, Lt. Harrigan makes a comment, "Come on pussyface", when referring to the Predator. Wink
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2007-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Dec - 21:37

Indeed I have. Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

C'mon, It's clear. The Alien was a dick, so the Predator had to be a pussy.

drunken Don't make me put pictures to compare the real things. Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Dec - 16:12

Interesting article here:
http://pages.towson.edu/flynn/governator.htm
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Dec - 21:22

I remember there was an old spanish book about Gore Movies. "Predator" was listed and reviewed. They say the end of Predator was somehow like a REH story: the primitive man vs the demon.

I just guess the guy who wrotte the article reminded Arnold as Conan too much, because I don't remember any REH story that had a battle with laser xplosions and all that high tech stuff. Of course Dutch comes back into the primitive style in order to have a chance against the Predator whose technology makes a gun look like a hairdryer, but I think there's no other real relation with CTB more than being the same actor in the main hero role.

By the way, in the audiocomentary the director talks about the original script, which for me looked even more interesting than the actual movie was. I mean, I love the idea of the movie and of course the last 15 minutes are priceless. But it is a littlebit aged for me, now.

In the original script, the main hero would have been the Indian. He would have benn connected with the Predator in some kind of way, because they both came from tribal cultures with strong deep rituals and codes. In the end, the indian, who rejected his own cultural past, must go back into the style of fighting of his ancestors, and that way he can kill the alien.

Arnold is ok in this movie and actually is one of the movies I like more from him. But the idea of the indian character was very cool. He actually didn't play a really interesting character in the movie. I mean, c'mon, his dead was very dissapointing. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Dec - 0:28

This movie seems to be The Most Dangerous Game meets Rambo/Rocky meets Aliens. I wonder if Stallone was approached at some early point?

The way Billy ripped his necklace off, reminded me alot of the way Conan ripped his wheel of pain necklace off at Valeria's Pyre.

I would say that Predator is Arnold's second best film, first being CTB.

This has 5 minutes of AVPR footage:

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/a/Aliens-Vs-Predator-Requiem/index-3687454.html

Fucking movie looks nuts, hope it delivers.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 31 Dec - 19:09

Some nice models here:

http://www.modelzone.com/mangrasshopper/index.php?level=album&id=108

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Alienpilexf9

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Alienhueq7

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predri0
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Jan - 0:11

This "Chopper" Predator looks like its holding a Neanderthal skull:

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Chopper12dj5
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: AVPR   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Jan - 21:48

I went to the movies to see AVPR on Friday Night. I thought AVPR was better than the first AVP.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan - 22:21

i thought that it could be interesting trying to relate -as much as possible- the "PREDATOR" movie with Milius' CTB.

I commented in some early post that I read in a old spanish book about gore movies that the writter thouth the end of "Predator" had some kind of REH's tale feeling.

I doubt it, and I personally think that the writter saw Dutch as a barbarian, just because he reminded Schwarzenegger in the Milius' movie. It's true that the final battle of "Predator" has some kind of prehistoric quality that makes it great, but I can't really see any REH's literature reference there, but more with the Conan movie.

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predatorlma3

These are the connections with the Miliu's movie, and also the reasons I think the writter said that thing:

Preparations for battle - (sharpened stakes):

Pred-Alien - Page 2 14892406de9
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Conanthebarbarianmoviesoh2

Pred-Alien - Page 2 F56vx0
Pred-Alien - Page 2 45675yfgetf6
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Conand07066nx9

A hunter's trap:
Pred-Alien - Page 2 4545pj3
Pred-Alien - Page 2 50176848yv3
Pred-Alien - Page 2 6herfp2

Pred-Alien - Page 2 6hzv6
Pred-Alien - Page 2 T4fsgb9

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Bscap138nx5

Final preparations in front of fire -(reminds me a lot Conan sharpening his sword, but I coulnd't find that pic)-:

Pred-Alien - Page 2 6098166mw2

Preparing the weapons:
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Dibujotbz8
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Dfrqe5
Pred-Alien - Page 2 464646rw8
War painting -(love Dutch's expression, he is AFRAID of what is coming next, but has no chioce)-:
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Tge5yd1
Pred-Alien - Page 2 98628416pf9
Pred-Alien - Page 2 88434945dw7
Berserker rage:
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Fed54cj7

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Yu57kt4
Pred-Alien - Page 2 575ueg4
Pred-Alien - Page 2 C1lf7

Body painting used as camouflage:
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Dddvx4
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator67cq0

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator68uc6

Pred-Alien - Page 2 20oo5

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Conand07143pl2

Arnold Schwarzenegger against someone way taller and stronger than him:

Pred-Alien - Page 2 60981619qo5

Pred-Alien - Page 2 28te2

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator74xg4
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator77yi7

Pred-Alien - Page 2 68hq8

Killing the Giant with the hunter's trap:

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator116ht8
Pred-Alien - Page 2 477tg3
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator112sj8

Pred-Alien - Page 2 57oo0

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator130sr6
Pred-Alien - Page 2 5757eh5

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Zzzzzzzzzzzzss8
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Trtrteo2
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator133fr5

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Conand07175mt4

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator135ow3

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Tytusy6
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator142hb7

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Zzzzzzzzzzzzwkg4

Pred-Alien - Page 2 07kp5

Dutch armed with a spear -(not too related with the Milius' movie, but clearly a primitive Schwarzenegger)-:

Pred-Alien - Page 2 888bb2
Pred-Alien - Page 2 4646dl3
Pred-Alien - Page 2 Dibujone0

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Zz12hw0

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Dibujoqw9

Pred-Alien - Page 2 02nt2

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Yygr0

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Zz03go3

Pred-Alien - Page 2 70216358mk1
Pred-Alien - Page 2 05ns7

A figure of Dutch:

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Dutch01uk3

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Dutch03jj9
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan - 22:28

Turd, who photoshopped Lou Foriggno's Hulk eyes on Ahnuld?

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator77yi7
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan - 22:33

I think its fair to state that Rambo, The Naked Prey and The Most Dangerous Game all also helped influenced this movie, PREDATOR.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan - 22:58

Yeah. "Most dangerous game" was actually a nice old little movie.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jan - 23:37

Also, I allways found the Predator itlsef pretty close to the image of Conan, some kind of "demonized barbarian".

And these figures are called "BARBARIAN PREDATOR":

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Maa04world532lj8

And "SPEARAIZER BARBARIAN":

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Barbarian01do3

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Lrg3706barbarian02ki4

Also, there are these figures of "Predator Kings", in a throne. Maybe inspired by "King Conan"??

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Elderpred8ep1xu3

Pred-Alien - Page 2 828622picturegt1

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Elderpred10on5

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Hottoyselder1fm5yi4

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Ref25490bj7

Now, check out these great pictures by a guy called "BUCFAN98". They all have the Atlantean Weapon.

BARBARIAN PREDATOR

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predatorbarbarianbybucfhc9

VICTORY OVER THE VIKINGS

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Victoryoverthevikingsbync9

VIKING PREDATOR

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Vikpredatorbybucfan98it0

HUNTRESS

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Huntress1bybucfan98gv8

Finally, the PREDATOR likes to use "barbarian necklaces" made with animal claws, teeth and bones, like the ones we saw in the "History and Symbolism" post:

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator95bi6

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predator56cv8

Also the skull collection, could be related with precolumbian aztec-mayan practices -or even celtic-.

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Predatorsedisc116913tl3
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 21:33

Yesterday I watched AVP2.

Piece of shit.

I could save 5 minutes in the whole movie, they all related to the Predator actions. Luckily they redesigned the crap of the first movie and we have again a stylized motherfucker who walks, moves and knees like it should. Not the big fat asses of the first one, who looked and moved like John Goodman with dreads.

Even though, I felt the Predator just looked "good for the picture", good poses, but I actually could not believe the fights. Looks like the fucking director didn't either, reason why you don't know whatthefuck is going on each time the creatures fight against other. This shit pisses me off, really. I just paid to watch these bastards fighting each other, but I only see camera spasmodic movements, parts of alien in the shadows, and fucking noises of hits and explosions. Who the fuck hit who? I actually don't know. And after the first half hour, I just don't give a damn. I got so bored that I could felt sleep.

Why the fuck are they creating suits and animatronics, and then NOT SHOWING THEM? Or, maybe... the cameraman got scared by the creatures and that's why he got very nervous when they had a fight, so he could not made a decent shot. Mr. Green Nah, he made what the director wanted, so the director is a retarded and this ends this topic.

I am not gonna talk about anything else as I actually don't remember anything else. Characters and storyline is even worse than in the first one. God, that sounds like it sounds. Laughing Can it be worse...?

YEAH, IT CAN.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Stop fucking with dead things. These sagas are dead and that is the way they should be. I wished they don't touch Conan. But Hollywood needs money, like the vagina of a fucking nympho needs dicks. Same shit, it doesn't care who or what to fuck. the main objetive is to swallow.

I hope they choke.
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 21:47

Problem with AVPR is that it had no human actors the audience can remotely like let alone care for. They shouldve had the first movie taken place on an Antarctic Navy/Scientific base, and a Predator ship crashes and the Aliens get out..then the Predator's arrive..using something like the COLD WAR storyline.

The male and female leads in AVPR werent bad at all, except their characters were cheap..they shouldve been Delta Force and also use Adam Baldwin's character from PREDATOR 2, as he was Peter Key's second in command with OLWF.

AVP's usage of Lance Henriksen's Wayland was terrible., complete mis-use of a good actor and character.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 22:39

I would like to know why the creative ideas are so despised in the Hollywood movies creation process. I mean, i'm completely sure that there was tons of guys who could have made a great piece of film. Thousands. I don't believe i'm the only one who feels cheated and frustrated. What is this? Are they kidding or what? I guess it's enough for them when guys like Dan can enjoy this Wink (no offense, little guy), but I know i'm not the only one who KNOWS this is not what the filmakers are supposedly selling.

These movies can be made -(and I am sure they are actually made)- by AMATEURS with money. That is all. Give 100 million dollars to a retard, and he won't make a worse film.

I just imagine the producers saying: "Ok, boy, tell me about that script you wrotte".

SHITTY DIRECTOR -"Well, it's about mmm aliens and predators, and tons of explosions, and some people will die and then some people who looks cool will survive, and some other explosions, and the end".

PRODUCERS -"Actually I don't give a fuck, as much as you promise me that it will make me rich".

SHITTY DIRECTOR -"Well, I was actually thinking about some cool artistic surprises, like adding a hybrid of Alien and Predator who eats babys and impregnates women with its tongue".

PRODUCERS -"That is disgusting".

SHITTY DIRECTOR -"This is what this kind of movies are about".

PRODUCERS -"The movies I pay to be made are ONLY ABOUT WHAT I SAY".

SHITTY DIRECTOR -"Hmmm, yeah, of course. But the teens will LOVE that new concept".

PRODUCERS -"Then do it, but don't put any light in the shots. Also, don't put any light in any shot. I find these creatures too ugly. People can be scared".

SHITTY DIRECTOR -"... But maybe the people would like to watch the creatures... I mean..."

PRODUCERS -"Nah, they are too disgusting. Give me 10 minutes of creatures fighting where nothing can be seen, and 2 hours of human footage of Beverly Hills good looking people who nobody cares about".

SHITTY DIRECTOR -"Hail".

PRODUCERS -"And also, give me a couple of good shots from the ass of the blonde chick. That way nobody would say the movie sucks".

SHITTY DIRECTOR -"Yes, master".

PRODUCERS -"Now shut the fuck up and go. If we don't get rich with the movie, you won't work in this job in your whole fucking life again. We promise you that".

SHITTY DIRECTOR -"I understand..."

PRODUCERS -"Go away, asshole".
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 22:48

I AM LEGEND was another shitty ass movie, talk about plotholes and weak characters..they just insert alotve over dramatics's into Will Smith's character and that movie makes loads of money. The fact that good movies do bad, and bad movies do good or just the fact that bad movies are produced..cannot be explained.

*The hiding of the creatures really is silly, all the Predator and Alien sequels did that..assholes!
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Jan - 23:44

I AM LEGEND was another frustration. Why did they change the end? And... why did they made a so... i don't know how to call it... frustrating ending, instead?

scratch The end in the book explained the reason of the title... Who the fuck had the great idea of changing it into THAT thing??
Back to top Go down
Cromulus The Destroyer
Vanir
Cromulus The Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Jan - 20:47

Ridley Scott and Dan O'Bannon's ALIEN movie seemed to have borrowed heavily from Bava's PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES movie from the 1960's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUXlc8lLEzY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_of_the_Vampires
Back to top Go down
Dan
Anonymous

PostSubject: Is AVPR really that bad???   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Jan - 0:51

Oh! Come on. ALIEN VS PREDATOR: REQUIEM. Is it really that bad??? I saw it at the movies 3 weeks ago. I didn't think it was a bad movie at all. It did have bad acting, but that didn't spoil AVPR. I thought it was better than the 1st AVP. I think AVP3 should be set in the future.
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Jan - 21:51

All yours.
Back to top Go down
Nexus6
Rider of Doom
Nexus6

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Jan - 6:22

Pred-Alien - Page 2 46976104045bf936c04hb0

Pred-Alien - Page 2 11672597511166889314857pc4

Pred-Alien - Page 2 Faceherecatib4lm7
Back to top Go down
Flaming Turd
Vanir
Flaming Turd

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Jan - 17:01

scratch

I didn't get the message, really, but anyway this is way funnier than the movie. Mr. Green
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pred-Alien   Pred-Alien - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pred-Alien
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Conan Completist Forum :: English Board :: Conan the Barbarian-
Jump to: